Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes. Version 2.0

As some of you may recognize my MK3 in my sig or my posting over the last decade on this forum, I'd like to say hello to the MKIV community as I have now obtained ownership of a MKIV.

My MK3 aka "2JZUL8R" was built as far as i could go or wanted to go, swooping up lots of trophies and magazine oppertunities. I loved it and my heart will always have a soft spot for the 3rd generation Supra. But i wanted something i could actually daily comfortably, without fearing cops as much, getting the car impounded or crashing and getting paid only KBB value (which is nothing for a mk3). Most importantly i have made such good friends in this community i didnt want to leave. So a MKIV was a better alternative than a Lexus GS. So here i am. :)

Yes I have plans, and no they won't happened overnight. But overall, this car will look clean, engine will look stock, but pack a mean punch of power you won't see until it's too late. Already sitting on KW coilovers. ;)

I know my MK3 set a bar people think i will always aim for, but there are so many MKIV's built to the walls there is no way i plan nor could ever compete with the likes of Curtis Chen on a road course, Ken Henderson at a show/dyno or Titan on a drag strip. I know there are many other examples out there, but my MKIV will be to my liking for my purposes only. Not for a crown like i kinda went with my 3rd gen.

Hope to contribute here as i did in the mk3 community.

more pics here: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?636712-Lady-in-Red&p=8307720#post8307720

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
part the MK3 and dump all the parts into the MK4.

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
noob.

He sold it.
Thanx D.

SupraVan, you should also have read, I DO NOT want to look all bling and crazy fast with this one. I have been in the spotlight and done all the shows i can handle. i want to settle down now, so to speak. :p Living in SoCal the cops are bad enough as is. Driving my mk3 i was ALWAYS scared of cops.

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good luck with this one. What are the plans? BPU? Single?

Edit: Just read: "it will look stock". So I'm assuming BPU...?
In short, when u pop the hood, will appear pretty stock (toned down a bit from how it sits now). On the rollers, 600+RWHP and 500 daily on pump. Most importantly, WILL pass smog if needed! :cool:

·
Im A Fuking Ninja!!!
4,584 Posts
congrats on getting a MKIV! I say do an engine bay like your MKIII because that was very nice.

·
Registered
9,873 Posts
since cali is the land of the smog nazi this would be my game plan if I had to live there.

gt28 hybrid twins/fuel system utilizing the stock rail and larger injectors/boost activated cutout and leave the stock exhaust on the car.....look stock, sound stock and able to whip ass on the highway.

·
Blood for Blood
8,321 Posts
congrats... MKIVs get a lot of attention as well ... even in stock bodies... so you will never escape the law

1 - 20 of 28 Posts