Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
DDDDUUUUUBBBBBZZZZZZZZ
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, does anyone know if the Intake/Cold air intake system for MKIII's from 2kracing.com will work with an N/A or just a turbo? I want to get hard intake piping for my MK3. thanks

John

1983 Supra MKII
Supercharged
AFM Mod
K&N Style Filter
Aaron Garney Intake
62mm throttle body
410 LSD
2.5" downpipe
Hi-flow cat
2.25 Catback
'97 N/A Headers
306 [email protected] and 302 [email protected]

1987 Supra MK3 N/A
Stock

·
DDDDUUUUUBBBBBZZZZZZZZ
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i know, i just couldnt tell from the pic which one it was, thanks though, i think i'll go with your 94-00 civic tube idea

·
Registered
590 Posts
That kit is for a n/a, but its pretty expensive for some pipe. You can go to autozone and buy a generic civic intake and achieve the same thing all the while saving yourself a $100.

·
DDDDUUUUUBBBBBZZZZZZZZ
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gotcha..what is the best way to go about making it a cold air? I know i can just get a 3" square adapter, but i want it farther down.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Well you have a couple of options. You can buy two (insert honda car here) intakes. Install the first intake like youve seen in all the pictures posted. Second purchase an adaptor and install it on the AFM. Then put the other intake on the afm and angle it through the snorkel hole. Then attach the filter and your done.

You can also pick up a piece of 3'' piping and install it between the two stock intake elbows to replace the resonator. You can also have a muffler shop custom bend some piping for you. Search for SupraNick's intake setup to see what I mean.

You also need to realize that your filter is going to get alot dirtier and a whole lot faster outside of the engine bay. I personally fabricated a heat shield and ran a dryer tubing to through the snorkel hole to the filter. That is enough to collect dirt in my engine bay, just imagine what an exposed filter must encounter. Just something to think about.

3,796 Posts
:stupid:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I had some help with 935 motorsport with a cold air set up for my 88 n/a, I spent about 80.00 for the HKS adapter, filter, and piping. If you want to check out a few pics I can email them to you. I dont know how to post pics here. My filter is under the head light and the resonator was replaced with staight pipe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts