Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is this safe? 350rwhp + 50shots wet, and using a 9.0:1 compression via supra tt headgasket? That's almost 470hp at the crank. I should be able to pull 12's with these horsepower numbers. The 08 M3 should be no problem for me. However, I need to know about the headgasket situation, because I currently have a 2 inch sitting around. I'm considering switching back to a supra tt HG if that's better for my numbers, and recommended. What should I use?

Forgot to mention, turbo's a t04b with a 4 inch inlet, and capable of 500hp crank. The turbine hot side is .81, but I also have a .59 sitting around which I can switch over anytime. I will be using 460cc injectors, safc, LS400 afm, etc... Which setup would be do-able to get me into 350rwhp.

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Stay with the 2mm headgasket. It will save you the trouble of having to swap a thicker one in later for more boost. In anycase, both the 1.4 and the 2mm should be able to handle 350rwhp.

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Good luck finding a timing belt and head studs for your 2 inch headgasket. ;)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
im making 390whp with the stock hg, 12.3 on a street tire
390rwhp? I've heard 3-330rwhp is just about as much you should run with stock compression. I mean I believe you with 390 on stock compression, but how long have you had this setup? Do you beat on it often, because I'm sure that thing shouldn't last very long if you do. Tell me exactly what you did? You know, like race gas, meth,??? I've actually thought about doing stock compression, but I just think my goal of 350rwhp+50 wet shots is pushing that mofo.. It would be a lot less work on stock compression.

By the way, I think I'm a little outdated. Does supraforums not allow searching now, or what happened?

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Shit.. how do people get around this? I've heard people running 2mm and 3mm hg all the time. Do they use a different timing belt?
inch :)

It's fun getting the timing belt on when using a 3mm though!!!!!!!

·
beautiful machines
126 Posts
390rwhp? I've heard 3-330rwhp is just about as much you should run with stock compression. I mean I believe you with 390 on stock compression, but how long have you had this setup? Do you beat on it often, because I'm sure that thing shouldn't last very long if you do. Tell me exactly what you did? You know, like race gas, meth,??? I've actually thought about doing stock compression, but I just think my goal of 350rwhp+50 wet shots is pushing that mofo.. It would be a lot less work on stock compression.

By the way, I think I'm a little outdated. Does supraforums not allow searching now, or what happened?
i only had this set up for about 10k... i have a second car that i drive every day so when i drive the supra im beating on it 90% of the time.. the only other thing i did was retard the base timing by 3 degrees.. im running 11psi..

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WOW! 11psi on stock compression?

Shit, I heard 11 psi is maxed out on stock compression. Correct me if I'm wrong though. Tell me a little about your setup if you don't mine. You know, like what kind of turbo, injectors, electronics, etc.... I'm impressed!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
is there are way to find what size headgasket i have in my car? where can i get a compression test and how much $ is it?

·
beautiful machines
126 Posts
yeah.. 11psi is the limmit on stock compession. im gona go with a tt headgasket in a couple of weeks and see what i can get out of it.. i dont have enough time to write about my setup now but heres a pic for now

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah.. 11psi is the limmit on stock compession. im gona go with a tt headgasket in a couple of weeks and see what i can get out of it.. i dont have enough time to write about my setup now but heres a pic for now

All I got to say is good shit! Listen, tell me one thing, what kind of turbo are you using and what is the a/r turbine housing (hot side). Are you using a side mount intercooler, and is it stock smic?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
the turbo is a t4 61mm 70 a/r intake 86 a/r exhaust... i have a front mount with all 3in piping..

Damn that's a nice ride! Hey, your .86 a/r hot side is a bit large. Is there a reason why you choose such a large one? It probably came with the turbo huh? See my problem is I have a .81 a/r, and a .59 a/r housing sitting at home. I'm not sure which to use. I guess if I'm gonna go with stock compression, I probably want the .81a/r? You don't want the tubo to go full boost too early is that right? Does that make any sense? Or if I go with the 2mm headgasket, I should then use the .59/ar (quicker spool time to accommodate the lower compression???)

·
beautiful machines
126 Posts
if anything try them both.. i know in my setup to remove the turbo is no problem at all.. no matter wich one you choose your driving style will adapt... but in my opinion 2mm is a bit to thick

1 - 20 of 20 Posts