Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Supra Saiyajin IV
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2nd Annual Supras & Sushi | Nov. 4, 2017 | Chopstix Restaurant | Winston-Salem, NC

Date:
Saturday, November 4, 2017
Chopstix Restaurant (www.chopstixfun.com, also on Facebook)
4424 Wallburg Landing Drive
Winston-Salem, NC 27107
Schedule:
10am-noon – Meet, greet, and view in the parking lot
Noon-? – Lunch in the restaurant

Well guys and gals, finally time for the second annual Supras & Sushi meet! Once again, combining the two greatest things to come from Japan: the Toyota Supra and sushi. But don't worry, you don't have to share that sentiment with the latter to attend, though the sushi at Chopstix might convert you. For those that weren't aware of the previous one, a quick background: Bryan White is the owner/operator of the restaurant hosting the meet and a great friend of mine. I pitched him the idea to have a Supra meet last year at his restaurant and he was on board immediately. He and I both are proud MKIV Supra Turbo owners so it all just seemed to make sense. Last year went really well, so we now look to make this an annual thing and we tag-team the organization each year.

Anyway, we apologize for the delay getting around to this one; we are busy and, admittedly, sometimes lazy. Though the later date this year should ensure some much cooler weather. Last year, the inaugural event was a big success in our eyes with 11 Supras and a few other makes showing up as well, so now we're looking forward to another great turnout, seeing more beloved Supras and familiar and unfamiliar faces.

The details are the same as last year. The format is very casual – a standard meet & greet for a couple of hours in the parking lot to chat and see each other’s cars before heading inside for some lunch (Supra owners discount!). They have excellent hibachi and teriyaki entrees and, of course, sushi. Sapporo on tap as well. It is a huge local favorite in the area so you will not be disappointed! There is room for about 50 cars in the parking lot; it would be great to fill it up! And for those on E85, there is a Sheetz station right next door that has it if you need it.

We are really looking forward to this event again this year. It's great to get to know fellow owners. We hope we can get at least as many as last year to show up and hang out! Other makes are certainly welcome as well. I am also putting this post on all of the applicable Facebook groups that I'm a part of. Feel free to forward on the info to any other mediums and groups. Please let me know if you plan to attend via posting in response to this thread or the Facebook post. Again, please do this so we have an idea of how many to expect. We’re curious to know where everyone is coming from, so if you'd like, please include what city you’re coming from and what generation car you’re bringing. Thanks!

If you have any questions, please ask! Thanks again everyone and look forward to seeing everyone!

Matt Koontz

·
Supra Saiyajin IV
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Visibility bump

1 - 2 of 2 Posts