Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More Boost Logic auto questions..

So recently my 2nd gear feels like it's "slipping" is the term? It'll go into second and during 2nd gear it won't really pull at all and it will go all the way to 4-5k rpm's before shifting to third where it grabs hard again. While in second and gaining Rpms the turbo will come online too but I won't go anywhere. Am I looking at having to get a new trans already?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much you pay all together for the ATF? Including shipping etc? If it really is already going out then Ima just go all the way and save up for a bullet proof trans.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Sucks, I hear nothing but negatives about built autos. Why not just go 4l80 or th400 and get it over with? You will see negatives about atf and bl- just get a proven transmission. Or go manual.

·
Boost Junkie
12,625 Posts
ATF makes a great Toyota auto. It isn't cheap though.

Steve

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ATF makes a great Toyota auto. It isn't cheap though.

Steve
Been looking into their transmissions vs a th400. I want to keep the streetability because this in the end will be a street car lol. Only looking for 700ish hp at the very end goal of my build. Seeing the th400 isn't street friendly due to heat, atf is looking like a good choice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts