Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping someone else out there has experienced this ...

Before, when I punched it, when the second turbo came online, it threw me back into my seat HARD (with profec b on high boost/max).

Now, when I punch it, the second turbo doesn't NEARLY have as much KICK as it did before.

The only mods I can remember doing is HKS hardpipes and new rear tires (which I can feel are spinning a bit, but at a faster roll, the KICK is still not there :( )

Im BPU and read 1.5 bar at WOT... any suggestions?

tks
ron

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
You could have lazy VSV's that are slowing the transition for the second turbo, or you could just be getting used to your car. There is a fenomina umong many Supra owners I have spoken to where the car feels slower after time. You think somethings wrong with your car, but then you'll go get in your car and spank some Vette like its a Civic, or run a low 12 second pass at the track and realize that your body is just adjusting and is used to the G forces that are caused when boost comes on.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
RSA Supra that so true ...and when you take a ride in a single man ...it makes your bpu car feel like a snail really!

might be nothing but have it checked out it never hurts!

·
Registered
207 Posts
supraron said:

The only mods I can remember doing is HKS hardpipes

tks
ron
Double check your IC pipe clamps and re-tighten. I thought my clamps were tight enough when I installed my FMIC but a couple of days later one of the pipes blew off.

D

·
0 Posts
Have you ever done a boost leak test? If not do a search on this forum for how to set or put together a boost leak test kit, its only about $25 worth of stuff to do it!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the info! I am going to replace the cheap clamps HKS distributes with their hardpipe kits with t-bolt clamps asap.

Is there a test for the VSVs?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts