Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bros 2nd turbo is not coming online. The search function is not working. There is no rattle im pretty sure its a vsv problem. How do i go about diagnosing it? Will changing over to TTC mode correct the problem?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hua said:
TTC won't correct why the 2nd turbo is not coming online in sequential.
I got same problem.

I Wired Two Actuators to Open for TTC MODE but, still the same...

No Boost.... I'm stuck right there..

I don't know what to check.

Any IDEAS....??

-- Eddie --

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Vacuum hose connection. Toyota dealer found mine when my 2ndary wasn't coming online. I had to go to 3 dealers before I got it diagnosed properly. The first two misdiagnosed and said everything was normal and charged me for it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
KevinB6876 said:
Vacuum hose connection.
You live in San Diego..?

I live in Oceanside.. I know someone who works @ TOYOTA Dealer... in Carlsbad.

Frank.......

Anyway, R U Pretty sure that's Vacuum Hose Connections..?

What about all those VSV, EGV, WGV...... etc..

I'm in TTC Mode Now. (Wired Two Actuators..)

Thank you

-- Eddie --

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
BPU said:
You live in San Diego..?

I live in Oceanside.. I know someone who works @ TOYOTA Dealer... in Carlsbad.

Frank.......

Anyway, R U Pretty sure that's Vacuum Hose Connections..?

What about all those VSV, EGV, WGV...... etc..

I'm in TTC Mode Now. (Wired Two Actuators..)

Thank you

-- Eddie --
not 100% sure, but pretty sure. I've had secondary turbo problems several times and every time it was a vacuum hose connection (with the exception of one time when it was a blow turbo, lol, but it whined like hell so it was obvious).

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Check the hard vacuum lines on top of the pipes,especially the smaller one to see if it's clog.That what happen th me with a new 98tt off the lot,it took the dealer two years and a new #2 turbo to fine the problem.

·
What? Me Save Gas?
356 Posts
yes... it is definitely one of the hoses cloged or popped off ... check all the hoses you can see, on the passenger side of the car above the turbos, probably you'll find it!

check all the SMALL hoses if they fit properly, especially the rubber<-->hardpipe connections and where the rubber hose is connected to the VSV.

jam98tt said:
Check the hard vacuum lines on top of the pipes,especially the smaller one to see if it's clog.That what happen th me with a new 98tt off the lot,it took the dealer two years and a new #2 turbo to fine the problem.

·
Registered
325 Posts
lightxx said:
yes... it is definitely one of the hoses cloged or popped off ... check all the hoses you can see, on the passenger side of the car above the turbos, probably you'll find it!

check all the SMALL hoses if they fit properly, especially the rubber<-->hardpipe connections and where the rubber hose is connected to the VSV.
Final Confrimation Please.

So... Permanent TTC Mod Doesn't need VSV, EGV, ..... etc..??

Only the Hoses affect to My Boost....??

Am I correct..? :scratch:

I feel like a DUMB... I know nothing..... gosh

Thank you for all your informations !!!

-- Eddie --

·
Registered
325 Posts
I tried but couldn't find the problem.

I check all hoses I think... But, No Hose PoP-Off or crack..... etc.

Someone Teach me or Correct me Please...

I'm so frustrated...

I don't know...

Well Thank you " bahraini_zupra... appreciate your Help and Other members...

I need to think.... tired...

-- Eddie --

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
BPU said:
I tried but couldn't find the problem.

I check all hoses I think... But, No Hose PoP-Off or crack..... etc.

Someone Teach me or Correct me Please...

I'm so frustrated...

I don't know...

Well Thank you " bahraini_zupra... appreciate your Help and Other members...

I need to think.... tired...

-- Eddie --
Eddie,
I sent you a PM, drive your car over to my house ,I live by you, and I will fix your sequential setup for you. PM me back.
-Chris

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Ok so you wired the egcv and iacv in the open position and you still don't have boost?
In your 3rd post you said after wiring all the valve open you still didn't have boost,do you mean from the both or still none from #2?
I would check the egcv to make sure the butterfly is not seperated from the arm.
Check the pressure tank to make sure it's good internally and check the vsv and hoses for it.You need about 20psi to get to work.
The tank is under the intake manifold.
If you have air blow through the vacuum hard lines to make sure they are not clug.

http://www.mkiv.com/manual/index.html

http://www.mkiv.com/manual/manualtt/twin_turbo_description/ttd3.JPG

http://www.97supraturbo.com/Supra Scans/SeqSystemLayout.pdf

http://www.97supraturbo.com/Supra Scans/VSV Descriptions.pdf

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Have you tried playing with the egcv? Mine wasn't broken, but it was stuck.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Well Thank you for all your informations. such a nice people around me all the time. Thanks.

Here's my current conditions....

1) I had a E-TTC Mod for 1 1/2 Yrs. (beeing perfect)

2) I raced on FWY last Thursday night and ran 160+MPH.

3) Next Day to work and my exhaust sounds not right (weird) I was in TTC mode (Flip of Switch) It supposed to be Deep and Low growl sound.. but not anymore.

4) Switch doesn't do any (SEQ <-----> TTC)

5) No boost this point (about Max: 1~2 PSI till 4K ~ 5K RPM)

6) Wired Top Actuator and Tried Bottom but, Rod Attched to Exhaust via small Metal has been disconnected from the Exhaust Valve. (basically it's broke)

7) I can able to turn Exhaust Valve (butterfly in-side) back and forth.

8) I turn on the engine and test, see if Changes SEQ <---> TTC Modes by Rotate those EV to Clock-wise / Counter Clock-wise. (Exhaust sounds little depper but still... not right as before)

9) I have Wired Top Actuator and Using Little Bolt Stick in between Bottom Exhaust Valve (butterfly in-side) and small GAP so it won't turn... kind of loose (easy to turn back and forth)

** This point, I'm expecting Permanent TTC mode and not to worry about VSV EGV ISV..etc specially Turbo Pressure Tank and clean off some old vacuum hoses on top of the engine. **

BUT, STILL NO BOOST !!!

I'm stuck right there!

Chris will help me out. I'm crossing my fingers (Please not a big problem , I'm not a Rich Man)

Thank you everyone !!!

-- Eddie --

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
BPU said:
6) Wired Top Actuator and Tried Bottom but, Rod Attched to Exhaust via small Metal has been disconnected from the Exhaust Valve. (basically it's broke)
Eddie,
That sounds like the problem to me. Sounds like the EGCV (Exhaust Gas Control Valve) has a broken rod. If the rod is broken or disconnected then there will be no way to control the second turbo. When you bring it over to my house I will be able to visually check it out and see if that is the problem. -Chris

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yeah.... I know it's the problem... looks a like.

Well... Hope, you (we) gonna find the problem ....

Thank you very much for your valuable time and help.

-- Eddie --

1 - 20 of 29 Posts