Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a small accident where the exhaust pipe got pushed in toward the motor. the pipe underneath bent & was hanging down. I rebuilt the exhaust system & re hung it, Now when i hit the second turbo I hear a huge volume of air pouring out & the car sputters & jerks I've never taken apart the sequential system, what does the DP connect to that might have been bent or cracked? What is the easiest way to break it down, from up top or from below?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
P.S. I also have an O2 sensor trouble code, started after the bump. I just did a boost leak test & there is a lot of air pouring out of somewhere, can't find it though. Not any of the easily noticable places like IC piping or BOV. During the test I only build about 1lb of pressure on the gauge.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
The downpipe connects to the primary O2 housing which is combined with the EGCV. The EGCV is an extremely critical component of the sequential system.
Is there an exhaust leak from this area?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only time I hear anything from this area is when under boost & especially when the 2nd turbo comes on. When the body shop had the dash out the f*cked up my ETTC toggle switch, if wires were crossed could it have anything to do with it?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going to reconnect the ettc before pulling the stock twins apart, i didn't see any missing vacuum hoses or anything like that. I'll let you know...thanks

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the TTC working again, they build boost, I'm starting to think it might be the stock BOV letting all the boost pressure out.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wasn't the BOV, maybe a hole in the SMIC?? Can't figure out where all my boost is going :eek4dance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts