Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to see what you guys thought about this. I had some 26in tall 255/50/16 MT ET drag radials and ran them on 16x8 Rx7 wheels. Car had AEM, HPF feramic, 76gts. I cut consistent 1.68-1.73 60ft's. Launching @ 5500 rpms @ 15psi cutting the 2step off at 10mph. The car felt like it took off around 10mph when the 2step cut off.

I replaced the clutch with a Tilton and swapped out my rear brakes for some na supra brakes and went w/ 15x10 Weld wheels with 28in tall 275/60/15 MT ET drag radials. Went to the drag strip and my 60ft's were 1.8-1.9's. The car seemed to fall on its face. I turned the 2step up to 6300rpms and 25psi still cutting it off @ 10mph. I tried a 50shot @ 15mph but that didn't help. Any ideas/thoughts would be appreciated. I'm heading to the drag strip friday night and really want to see my 60ft's get back to where they were.

Btw the car has very stiff rear springs and there is almost no squat when it launches.

Thanks,

Clark

·
Banned
2,385 Posts
your car is slow man, just face it......150 trap is definitely slow...lol
Weird how you cut better times on your 6spd using a dr rather than an et street. Its usually the other way around, but then again your car is a freak on its own. I think the 28 tall is killing your 60ft, see if you can borrow some 26 et streets.
Give me a shout and let me know what you run.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I would try the anti-lag on the 28's but most of the fast/fast drag radial cars ( Mustang/ Supra's) never launch hard and run auto's. My one friend ran anti-lag on 26 ET Streets but just blew off the tires. I just know that drag radials especially with a 6sp will be a challenge to get down the track with Anti-Lag ( at least the intial 60 ft). Let us know how it works out.

Staats

·
Boost Junkie
12,694 Posts
Wouldn't you want the 2-step to shut off at 0mph? That way you wouldn't be hitting it after you get traction.

Steve K.

·
Registered
422 Posts
With a 28 you don't have to worry about traction "usually". Sounds like you aren't leaving at a high enough rpm, and the turbo is falling out of it's range. In my car on 28's I'd leave at 7,200rpm and 12psi, and that's on a 74mm turbo.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Stock Twins with 28" talls I leave at 6000 and 23psi, and that's still not enough. 28's are no joke traction. Hoosier QuickTime Pro's.

·
Registered
814 Posts
definately gotta leave at a higher rpm, 7k minimum, a few guys i know are running 28s with 2step at around 7,500 and are usually cutting 1.4-1.5 60'. 28's just hook up way to well so be gently launching it

·
Banned
663 Posts
Do you guys that are launching this hard have any drivetrain mods...TRD rear, upgraded driveshaft, etc? Or does the stock stuff take these types of launches just fine?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Well, I'm on stock twins, but the car is still making 400+whp when it leaves the line. I'm going to try 6500 next time out and see if that cuts me a better 60. But my entire driveline is stock other than the clutch.

I've heard of stock twin guys on piggy backs launching on the 6800 stock revlimiter....NUTS!!! But the 28's are so grabby and stickey, they will hook if you manipulate the clutch just right.

·
Registered
814 Posts
mostly all the stock stuff will hold up perfectly fine, only thing id be concerned about is the clutch but since ur running a tilton...dont worry about that! and remember if ur not breaking parts your not driving hard enough!

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Projectmk4>R1 said:
Wanted to see what you guys thought about this. I had some 26in tall 255/50/16 MT ET drag radials and ran them on 16x8 Rx7 wheels. Car had AEM, HPF feramic, 76gts. I cut consistent 1.68-1.73 60ft's. Launching @ 5500 rpms @ 15psi cutting the 2step off at 10mph. The car felt like it took off around 10mph when the 2step cut off.

I replaced the clutch with a Tilton and swapped out my rear brakes for some na supra brakes and went w/ 15x10 Weld wheels with 28in tall 275/60/15 MT ET drag radials. Went to the drag strip and my 60ft's were 1.8-1.9's. The car seemed to fall on its face. I turned the 2step up to 6300rpms and 25psi still cutting it off @ 10mph. I tried a 50shot @ 15mph but that didn't help. Any ideas/thoughts would be appreciated. I'm heading to the drag strip friday night and really want to see my 60ft's get back to where they were.

Btw the car has very stiff rear springs and there is almost no squat when it launches.

Thanks,

Clark
Turn the 2 step off at 3mph, that'll help, also if the car is hooking too much air the tires up a bit. Make sure and run the rear suspension as soft as possible

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,508 Posts
Clark... Give me a shout somtime.. long time no talk.. glad to see you are out and having fun with the car again. Get that thing to hook and there will be another monster on SF :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts