Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I turn my own wrenches!
5,201 Posts
Well, a lot that could be wrong. Removed timing cover, could you be a little more specific? Leak repaired? And what all did you disconnect?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I performed a valve job on the car and all went good. After several hundred miles of driving I noticed an oil leak. the leak was coming from the timing cover above the tensioner so i removed the cover again. Now im getting fuel and no spark, timing marks have been checked & rechecked.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Did you take the reluctor wheel off. Could be on backwards or not installed at all. Make sure the F is facing out towards you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wiring harness from alt. to the ecu for convience.
relearned the ecu with pin from #4 to 14 on obd for 30 minutes .
Got a salvage yard ecu and still same results.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any more ideas would be helpful. Id like to get this started so i can get back to wiring the 2jz in the 86.5 mkiii.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Have you checked for codes?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry if this sounds dumb but im not a mechanic, if the timing chain is off so the valves are not engaged how do you ditermain which is compression stroke.Could i be on the wrong of 4 strokes?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry if this sounds dumb but im not a mechanic, if the timing chain is off so the valves are not engaged how do you ditermain which is compression stroke.Could i be on the wrong of 4 strokes?
no codes stored.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
With the key in the on position does the immobilizer light go out or does it continue to flash?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Doesnt seem to have one.Cant see it and the owners man doesnt show or say anything.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
If your car doesn’t have an immobilizer but the ecu you put in does it won’t start no matter what you do. If both your car and ecu have immobilizer try jumping pins 4 and 13 on the dlc3 connector with the key on for a minimum of 30 minutes.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
You’re not getting any spark on any coils at all? How did you check for fuel and spark? With the key on is the check engine light on?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
put a gauge on the fuel feed line , 52psi.Withn a known good part(spark plug ) in a coil grounded. no spark. And the ck engine lite comes on with the key. I tried grounding the engine with jumper cables in case i had lost ground while working on it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts