Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, can you guys get the KEY for the JUN stroker kit crackshaft?
I lost my and the TT supra has a 2 piece KEY and the JUN needs a 1 long piece.

Let me know

Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Apparently someone is awake early in Japan, I already got a reply.

He said that the part is available only through the Authorized Dealer you bought it from. He was unable to sell it to me if you didn't buy it from me, sorry. If you did buy it from me I need your full name, feel free to email me privately if you don't want to post that here.

Thanks,

Dusty

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's the thing Dusty, I bought the 3.2 kit last year from AREA51 shop before they where closing down, so I don't know what to do now that the shop is closed.
The guy that handeled the order was Dave Adems.
I don't have any contact with him nor do I know where he lives.
:dunno:

Can you help me out in any way?

Let me know thanks

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
I would help if I could. Jun said they would sell it to me only if I bought it from them and I did not. I can not lie to Jun about it. Can you have one machined?

Dusty

·
Registered
785 Posts
I actually remember that being sold ,I almost went for it.......Jun is being an ASS about this

Man, I hope you get it worked out... I wont be buying from Jun with support like that.. ill will Japan

Congrats to Dusty for trying

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried making one but with no succes, as the groove that enters the front piece of the crack has something special on it to lock it in place, that's why I asked if you can get it.
Damn I'm FUCKED right now, my 1 year long project down the drian for a stupid small thing.

Well thanks dusty for your time and help.

By the way do you have in stock? HD9398TYSUP-TS priced at $675 if yes what shipping cost to send it to miami zip 33166 thks

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
man that really sucks
i had the same problem when i bought my Blitz Boost Controller from Japan. Everything (manual) was in Japanese, and they wouldn't ship me a new manual unless i bought it from a North American "authrized dealer". Dusty even tried but got the same respone.
Mine was a much more easy fix than yours though. Just followed teh diagram and got some help from some supraforum members. Hope everything works out, would be a shame as you said to make that go down the drain.

·
320hp
1,008 Posts
JDM_trdsupra_tt said:
man that really sucks
i had the same problem when i bought my Blitz Boost Controller from Japan. Everything (manual) was in Japanese, and they wouldn't ship me a new manual unless i bought it from a North American "authrized dealer". Dusty even tried but got the same respone.
Mine was a much more easy fix than yours though. Just followed teh diagram and got some help from some supraforum members. Hope everything works out, would be a shame as you said to make that go down the drain.

i believe the blitz BC book is on MKIV.com...

still doesnt help out with the 3.2 stroker though sorry good luck man. Maybe find a dealer that has one in stock(im sure it will behard) and they can reorder the alignment tool...

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Both I and Seibon is out of stock on the HD9398TYSUP-TS. More will be in stock around the end of April according to them, I asked yesterday. I usually only get a few so you might want to pre-order if you are serious about getting one.

Shipping to a BUSINESS is $145. Note that businesses run out of a house are still a house and cost $50 extra.

I am sorry aobut the Jun issue, if changes occur I will let you know.

For anyone that thinks they are being an ass about this, I understand. However, this is a very important reason why you should always buy from an authorized dealer of whatever you are buying. Saving a little money isn't always what its cracked up to be. Jun is not the only company that gives support only to authorized purchases. Most major companies in our industry are like that. I know the stereo industry is the same way...buy some speakers off Ebay and then try to get that warrantied when they blow.

Thanks,

Dusty

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
question Dusty,
I understand the part about getting warranty on a ebay speaker. Why wouldn't Jun sell him the peice that he needed? I could understand if he wanted a refund or a free piece. But i thought money in their hands would be money in their hands? Not trying to be rude I just can't understand why they wouldn't sell you a piece. At the end of the day whether he bought the motor from you or any other dealer the peice he wants now will come from you (authorized dealer) and some of the money will go to Jun for the purchase.

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
I can't speak for Jun and I am not. I am only giving what I think is the best answer based on my conversations with plenty of other manufacturers.

Summary - manufacturers want to support a dealer network because in the long run having a strong and willing dealer network is the only way a manufacturer can sustain growth, etc. (Why this is considered true is a rather long conversation).

As part of this network, manufacturers want to make sure things go through authorized channels. This ensures loyalty, breeds good will, and also prevent grey marketing. If you don't understand grey marketing feel free to read the article I wrote here.

Manufacturers are rarely, if ever, concerned about 1 sale. They are much more concerned with protecting their established dealer network and ensuring the future. Does 1 sale here and 1 sale there add up? Yes. But not as quickly as losing even 1 established dealer.

Therefore there are policies in place and they are generally followed. *Especially* when you are dealing direct with Japan as is the case here. The Japanese companies really don't care about 1 sale or 1 customer's missing part.

I hope that explains at least some of it.

Regards,

Dusty

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
works for me :)
thanks for the rightup
i didn't look at it as only one sale

toomuchboost if you give me the part number I can try soemthing. (hope that doesn't violate any forum policy) i have a friend that has some connections in Japan. He is actually having a STi engine built with Jun. I can se if he has any luck as he deals with Japanese companies on a weekly basis.

LEt me know if you want me to try

·
Senior Spooler
1,206 Posts
Dusty,
Was this AREA51 shop a legit Jun dealer? Thats might his way out if they flopped, and they were dealers, they (jun)should lend support. If they weren't dealers how did they get the jun kit for resale? Somebody had to be a dealer.
I know this doesn't concern you but, maybe he can track down the original dealer somehow. If he has an invoice or some type of serial number or tracking number he might have a chance. Yes/no?

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Area51 was not direct with any of the big names. Now, that doesn't mean they were / were not direct with Jun, I honestly don't know.

If he can track down its origin then he can have that authorized dealer order the part. Unfortunately that is a daunting and usually unsuccessful task. The authorized dealer could be Area51, someone else in the USA, or even someone in Japan...

Dusty

·
says
390 Posts
Don't get your hopes up, but I bought alot of things from Dave before they went under. At one point, I had his personal cell phone and his mom's # since they were moving. I'll try to search for them this weekend. It may take a day or two since they were from well over a year ago, but I'll try. Maybe he can point you in the right direction. I would hate to see your project not come together over something so small.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts