Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Inline6Performance
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, i can finally say it can be done.I have been wanting to add a third pump for some time to run E85. I like the stock Densos but don't like the price of hangers. So, I modified my stock hanger to accept all 3 pumps. The third pump and fuel level sending unit had to be installed inside the tank.

So, now i have 3 Denso pumps running into a distribution block to a -10 fuel line that splits into 2 -8 lines to both sides of the -10 fuel rail. From the rail i ran a -6 line to the tank.

I have two pumps running all the times and the third kicks on after 4000rpms, 15 psi of boost and 75% throttle. Now, I just need the E85 and retune my AEM.

Here are the only pics I took before I installed the hanger with the pumps.

Mike

· Hardtopper
14,959 Posts
Sweet! I am running 2 Densos on a stock hanger and as it is I need to install the fuel sending unit inside the tank as well. Did you have to modify anything in the tank to make room for the 3rd Denso? I bet thats a tight fit down there if not.. but it wouldn't hurt anything.

· Banned
2,617 Posts
Damn looks good Mike, its a tight fit with just 2 Densos.

· Inline6Performance
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:lol: that thing must weigh a ton.

Any chance you tell us that distributor block that is so we can replicate?
It is a 1 to 3 distribution block.

Well done!

Is there any chance that the rubber line between the pump and the hard line would dry out due to the use of E85?
Good question. The aluminum line goes to the tip of the pump. I guess i will find out,lol.

· Factory RSP Hardtopper
2015 Ram 2500 Coal Roller
2,925 Posts
About that hanger Mike, I need it back.:)
JFWY Looks great. Car sounded awesome and thanks for the 2k hp tune.:)

· Inline for the win
6,404 Posts
Well done, but I have some questions:

Did you drill out the factory mounting location for the feed line and tap it for the -10an?

How did you wire the third pump to the factory wiring plug? I can see it vaguely in the picture, but just wanted to confirm.

I considered attempting this but with a custom connector mounted to one side that would house the power line to each pump and retain the factory plug for fuel level and warning.

DP

· basupra's worst nightmare
1,349 Posts
I cut the stock hanger and make my own pump holders out of aluminum so there is not any magnetic interferance between any of the pumps. And yes, it is a tight fit.:D

Mike
That's a non-issue and snake oil started from a particular vendor so they could make a killing on "pump wrap to kill magnetic interference".

· Inline6Performance
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well done, but I have some questions:

Did you drill out the factory mounting location for the feed line and tap it for the -10an?

How did you wire the third pump to the factory wiring plug? I can see it vaguely in the picture, but just wanted to confirm.

I considered attempting this but with a custom connector mounted to one side that would house the power line to each pump and retain the factory plug for fuel level and warning.

DP
DP,

What I did was took the ground from the sending unit and grounded it to the hanger along with the pumps (-) side. The brown wire coming out on top i grounded to chassis and used that spot on the plug for the third pump. Works like a charm. I eliminated everything on the hanger hat. All i have is a -10, -6 and a nipple for the vent line.

Mike

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.