Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well to start its my bday :D and I woke up early to make the 7am PAG meet in socal to show my car and check out all the crazy exotics that show up (Tons of ford gt40's, lambos, ferraris, porsches, etc.) Had a great time and got the car cleaned up a bit for some fresh pics since it's been a while. Only change is addition of foglights and more ponies under the hood.

Mods are:
Mass Weight Reduction
4.30 LSD
1jz

Lightweight driveshaft/flywheel/rims
2.75" ypipe to 3" straight no cats
24x12x4 fully exposed fmic
2.5" hardpipes
3" cai

I get 25 mpg no boost 23 mpg when I do. 50/50 hwy/city Keep in mind WITH 4.30 LSD. Hwy is killer :\. This is my DD but I also drive my moms car as a 2nd car (06 accord v6 vtec coupe ^_^)

Currently enjoying tirespin or boost cut

Put in my order for drag radials today :D
Spinning 3rd at night is scary!!!

Onto the pics:

If they show up big try the links:
http://deprived.krypt.com/Supra001.jpg
http://deprived.krypt.com/Supra002.jpg
http://deprived.krypt.com/Supra003.jpg

·
Registered
302 Posts
very nice! what all do you have done to it in terms of mods? i'm tinking of putting the 4.3 diff in my supra when its done, is there a noticable difference? i have both so i can go either way.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4.30 came in the car it was the only option the car came with so I don't know how the difference FEELS but I will never get rid of the 4.30 LSD. Btw the car is no abs no tems hardtop 87 now 1jz twin turbo with the mods i posted. 220,000 miles on the odo ;). Got the car for 1400 a little over 2 years ago.

·
Registered
302 Posts
not a bad deal, i paid 3500 for mine, it was an n/a needed some body work and has 240 000 on the body with 60 000 on the motor. i need to buy supra's somewhere else

·
Registered
261 Posts
very nice..cars looking clean..i've been trying to get some pics of mine up on here..but im a newb and it dont work when i try..how did u get urs to show up?

·
JZA80 > JZA70
1,812 Posts
looking good man

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its actually 89+ trim that I put on my car. All original paint, except for the hood which is carbon fiber that I painted white.

chewchoo88: To put pics up read the forum faq

Thanks for the comments

·
Done? It's never done!
170 Posts
I went from the 4.3 diff to the 3.73 on my Supra recently, and it seems a bit slower when I set if for lower psi levels. At 15 psi, I think it starts to come out around the same since the additional load on the engine allows for the boost pressure to stay a little more constant instead of dropping off. Overall, it gets much better fuel economy when driving long distances at high speeds.

·
Done? It's never done!
170 Posts
I went from the 4.3 diff to the 3.73 on my Supra recently, and it seems a bit slower when I set if for lower psi levels. At 15 psi, I think it starts to come out around the same since the additional load on the engine allows for the boost pressure to stay a little more constant instead of dropping off. Overall, it gets much better fuel economy when driving long distances at high speeds.

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Car looks nice man. Clean stock parts work well with white.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey tsupraspeed guess what. My taillight failure box had a big burn mark and a resistor that melted, so I sent money for a turbo one today. :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts