Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've searched for the past couple days and just haven't really got a straight answer on what size DP/MP I want to run.

My setup is a built 3.0, ported head, 272 cams, BW S366 turbo, 840 injectors, 450 Walboro pump and couple other things but that's the main.

I'm torn between running a 4" downpipe and mid pipe and fabbing it to fit properly and building a 4" catback, or just buying a 3" downpipe and mid pipe and still making a 4" catback.

Will I be fine with the 3" downpipe? I'm 100% going to build a 4" catback just simply because I feel it looks the best. Does the 4" downpipe really give that much more of a "wow" factor or am I wasting my time and money doing a 4" DP?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Boost Junkie
12,614 Posts
Always go big on the exhaust especially the downpipe/midpipe. The air coming out of the turbo is obviously very hot and the larger piping will allow for less back pressure. You can always mate the 4 inch dp/mp with a 3 inch exhaust if you are worried about noise. Several companies make a 4 inch to 3 inch adapter that is bolt on.

Steve

·
Banned
2,060 Posts
just becareful and not be like me and purchase an expensive ass 3-4inch DP and MP from boostlogic or other sources that are expensive..i had to still cut a $450 midepipe just to make it work..i know several other guys who bought big name brand MP and DP combo and had to still cut and weld just to make it work..do yourself the favor and just get an ebay 3-4 inch DP and MP

·
Boost Junkie
12,614 Posts
Depends on what your set up is really. SP's stuff fits as does PHR. I've had both.

Steve K.

·
Banned
2,060 Posts
it sucks because i have the BL manifold,3-4 inch DP/MP and CATback all BL and the DP and MP couldnt line up and notice a few members had the same issue, there is a thread on this..my friend had the same issue but with a SP set up..but that is just one i heard of so far..im just saying..if i could of just turn back the time i would of just got an ebay set up because i went with the expensive set up thinking it will just line up..i had to end up taking the car to the shop for them to make it fit

·
Boost Junkie
12,614 Posts
It should fit. I've had 2 sets of PHR and SP stuff and never had an issue with them. I did have BL also and it wouldn't line up. I refused to cut it up so I sent it back to Zohair and he refunded me. The PHR stuff I ordered fit like a glove.

Steve

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replys guys. I'm just going to go with a 4" eBay DP/mp

·
Registered
179 Posts
You can always mate the 4 inch dp/mp with a 3 inch exhaust if you are worried about noise. Several companies make a 4 inch to 3 inch adapter that is bolt on.

Steve
Steve, do you know who makes the adapter? I can't find one. Need to mate by 4" DP/MP to a 3" exhaust. Would love to find a semi-bolt on midpipe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts