Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
How does my exhaust smell
1,014 Posts
Does your compressor housing have a flanged end to be clamped with the IC piping?

·
411 HP GSXR / 203 HP Vrod
1,947 Posts
On my Swantko setup the turbo was cut maybe 3/4"- 1" shorter to allow better routing to the intercooler. I'll show pics soon.

·
Crazy Canadian MKIV
178 Posts
I just got some of my pipes done for my GT35R...

Here some pics..

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts
Instead of cutting off the 3.5" vband inlet flange you really should use the proper fitting instead. ATPturbo makes a 3.5" flange with an oring outlet to seal against the compressor. Now I would have that welded to your intercooler pipe comming off the turbo. This way you won't be burning off the silicone coupler from the heat comming off the manifold.

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/m...OD&Product_Code=ATP-FLS-055&Category_Code=FLA

BTW, JAYMEZ, what manifold are you running with your GT42R ?

-Joe

·
Garage Queen Club
2,822 Posts
Had to cut and reweld the flange since it stuck out too much...

Now that you mentioned it, the junction at the flange does not seal. I may have over heated / warped the flange when welding. I didn't realize an oring came with the set. I'll have to tack on some RTV or something.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Here is a pic of my finished piping.....IIRC I have ~130 in the piping/clamps/etc...

·
Registered
295 Posts

I know the smaller pipe with the flex section is to reroute the wastegate into the exhaust but what is the small threaded tube coming out of the downpipe? I have never seen that before.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts

I know the smaller pipe with the flex section is to reroute the wastegate into the exhaust but what is the small threaded tube coming out of the downpipe? I have never seen that before.
One way check valve for the exhaust. Connect the valve cover hose to there for crankcase ventilation.

There is a certain name for it, but I can't recall right now.

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
Gt42R-76, compressor cover modified and elongated for the best possible flow and v-banded with an o-ring with the greddy 4-row pipe which needed major modification also.

·
3,466 Posts
Dre-

What kind of manifold do you have? That looks similar to a RPS and I didn't think a larger frame turbo could squeeze in there without hitting the strut towers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts