Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have 3 PPI PC amps that i want to install in my car. i have two installed right now and was curious is it healthy for my car to run 3? i know there will be more drainage on the electrical currents, so how can i go around this problem? thanks for your help in advance.

B

·
0 Posts
I've got a PC2150 and a PC450 in my car right now without any caps and I havent had any problems mechanicaly. The headlights do dim bad sitting still and they even dim at 3000rpms in 6th on the highway. Three might be pushing it so get one of those new 15 farad caps and an Optima battery and you should be in better shape.

B

·
0 Posts
I forgot who makes that 15 farad cap but I'd get the Yellow top Optima, thats the one I've got and it does fine. It was in my tahoe with the 15's and now its in the Supra.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah brad, im running a pc2300, pc2400 and the older pc275. i want them all in. so wat kind of cap should i get? and wat kind of optima? i get really lost about those 2. thanks

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts

·
651 Posts
I have a little over 1500 watts in my Supra and no cap. I do however have the Optima BlueTop battery. Since I have put that battery in, I have had no headlight dimming problems. I would start with the battery (Yellow top is good) and then look into buying a cap.

The Alumapro 15 farad cap will DEFINETELY take care of your problem. I sell it for about $399. I do however think it's a bit of overkill for the system you have. They make a 5 farad cap that is about $249 that is more than sufficient.

Tom Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas

T

·
0 Posts
Is there anyway that a cap can fry an amp???? My alpine MRV-1507 almost caught on fire. Smoke and everything. I dont know how it could of happened the volume wasnt high and i checked all the wires and they were fine the ground was fine too. Any ideas???

·
10,459 Posts
what gauge was the ground wire???

T

·
0 Posts
The cap is grounded with 2 GAUGE! then running off the cap is 4 gauge to the amp.

·
10,459 Posts
what brad capacitor is it i have seen caps damage amps but it was due to bad grounding!make sure the area wher its grounded at has no psint around it scrape the paunt off for better contack and make sure its tight!

N

·
0 Posts
hey do you sell the 5 farad cap if so how much and can i have your shopslink
Originally posted by Thomas Kenyon:
<STRONG>
The Alumapro 15 farad cap will DEFINETELY take care of your problem. I sell it for about $399. I do however think it's a bit of overkill for the system you have. They make a 5 farad cap that is about $249 that is more than sufficient.

Tom Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas</STRONG>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts