Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i am doing the supra enigne swap soon, but i am going to need a new exhaust. i was thinking either a 2.5"+ dual or a 3" single.

what do you guys think??

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
well i am doing the supra enigne swap soon, but i am going to need a new exhaust. i was thinking either a 2.5"+ dual or a 3" single.

what do you guys think??
dual 2.5" like two routes or like the stocvk with two 2.5" inch tips (old dual dragger from HKS?)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dual 2.5" like two routes or like the stocvk with two 2.5" inch tips (old dual dragger from HKS?)
no i mean dual exhaust. like i will run the 3" down pipe then i will get a dual 2.5"+ all the way back from there, as i will not be running a resonator or a cat.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
no i mean dual exhaust. like i will run the 3" down pipe then i will get a dual 2.5"+ all the way back from there, as i will not be running a resonator or a cat.
well

be aware it is not that cut and dry :)

You must modify the fuel tank. The fuel tank is towards the right hand side (when looking from the rear forward). Makes for a not to good a place to run the "other" can on that side situation.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oic, lol so there is no way to do this wihtout mofifying the fuel tank?? well. i think thats a no to the dual, lol

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
oic, lol so there is no way to do this wihtout mofifying the fuel tank?? well. i think thats a no to the dual, lol
well of course there is!

You can have the muffler BELOW the fuel tank! ;) Though just a word of warning. The muffler DOES get nice and toasty and I would not want it below some very flammable liquid ;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i dont plan to go with a big fart can anyways, my cousin liked the sound of some 2-3 chamber flowmasters, but i unno. i think i iwll put some magnflows, lol. like opval so not the bif cylindrical ones, lol.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
would 2.5" dual be to restrictive?? or is it better to with like bigger than 2.5" on a dual??

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
would 2.5" dual be to restrictive?? or is it better to with like bigger than 2.5" on a dual??
depends

on a car that actually needs it (say a v motor or opposed H4). I can see 2.5 Inch dual exhaust being just about right.

In our cars with 1 turbo (7m) single would be more efficent. On the 1jz I can possubly see TRUE dual exhaust from the turbo out being more beneficial but without running numbers it is a best guess.

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
3" single FTW... Never been a big fan of duals on supras

·
Registered
471 Posts
get an RS-R exhaust and a 3" downpipe, 3" test pipe. then you have 3.14" at the back

I did it! I love it! Sounds great. love rs-r

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes but i dont want to get a echuas kit. i can get a custon ss for cheap. i know a guy that works at a muffler shop and he will give me a great deal. so i was just wondering what would be best. i think i am going with a 3" single. not ctas or resonator. i will go from the 3" down pipe all the way back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts