Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,
Got a 93 sc300 5sp.
Running a basic xspower kit with 2.5mm cometic hg.
550 cc's
Stock Dizzy based ignition.

Just bought a used 30-1100 box off another member on this forum.
Am i going to be experiencing any issues as compared to the 1101 box.

Ive read mixed reviews in other forums and people are saying the TACH might not work and / or the AC and i just want to make sure i didnt get screwed.

Please help.

as always your assistance is appreciated.

·
Function over form
2,465 Posts
all you will need to do is take the 5 wires from your NA MAF sensor and use them for your MAP sensor. you will also need to move the MAF signal pin at the ECU over to where the MAP signal is (check JDM ECU pinout to see where MAP pin should be). then you can fire it up but there are some settings in the AEM you will need to adjust since you're using the 2JZ-GE and not the GTE and the distributor instead of coil packs. i have a lot of info on this i'll have to dig up but it i learned it was very simple and was able to get the car started in about 30 minutes. now i just need to get it fully tuned.

i'll find the rewire diagram for the MAP sensor somewhere

·
Registered
108 Posts
im interested in this as well. ive been seeing a few of the 30-1100 units for sale lately and plan on going na-t in the future. i just didnt know if i should go with the 30-1100 or the 30-1101 for going na-t

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Yes it works fine with Na , i ran the 1100 on my car.
You just have to load the na base map and go from there, same thing goes to the TT while you are using the Na EMS 1101.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i installed the box that i bought from quickgs.. box starts and i can send the cal file i bought from titan motorsports for my exact setup.. car doesnt fire up..it cranks and sputters for a second but doesnt start.. sensors look to be showing up on the screen but i cant confirm if my settings are correct. triple checked all the wiring and ensured i repinned 66 to 62 can someone help out? this is my daily driver....

·
Function over form
2,465 Posts
you need to mess with engine startup settings. honestly, you should trailer it somewhere to be tuned. or have someone come out to the car to atleast get it started and running. a base map from someone who isn't actually at the car isn't going to do much, especially since starting it up takes trial and error.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks Kaos but im really trying to get this started on my own, i know there are millions of people out there that have an aem on there sc's and supras..if someone could just share the startup options it would be great..
the guy i bought the AEM QuickGS, his number changed and he said he would install it for me...hopefully he falls through and im not the victim of a bum deal

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SO i spent the better half of my saturday trying to get this crap running.. i had to REwire in and solder my VPC AND AFC back into the damn car after troubleshooting for 7 hours.. Called Titan up and a buddy of mine that worked at Extreme motorsports to verify the error messages coming from the damn AEM... Frament errors and etc.. after spending an additional 100 dollars on a damn usb to serial and EVEN a serial to serial cable on 2 different laptops ...yes my buddy brought his over JUST to verify.. both experts i talked to said the AEM is hosed and was bad.. I then noticed that the box (warranty tape) that says void if damaged... was actually ripped.. the box HAD been opened as AEM tech support told me to open it and verify the EEPROM was ACTUALLY in the socket.. it was and THEY even said its a bad unit.. ALL I DID was simply jump pin 66 to i 62 as specified, plugged the bitch in, and so forth... thought it was working until AEM performed a debug test on it (i dont remember what i did exactly) but they said the buffered transport data was corrupted on the AEM side.. Im really good and car savvy so i know i didnt screw this one up and im pissed.. after calling the guy that sold it to me (on this post) his phone is disconnected (QUICKGS) Just an FYI man, i want my damn money back. This is a BUM unit and it took me a long time to afford this shit. Im too fucking pissed to even get back in my right mindset. after serving in the corps its hard to think people still rip others off like this.. i want my 1250 back asap.. no games

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
SO i spent the better half of my saturday trying to get this crap running.. i had to REwire in and solder my VPC AND AFC back into the damn car after troubleshooting for 7 hours.. Called Titan up and a buddy of mine that worked at Extreme motorsports to verify the error messages coming from the damn AEM... Frament errors and etc.. after spending an additional 100 dollars on a damn usb to serial and EVEN a serial to serial cable on 2 different laptops ...yes my buddy brought his over JUST to verify.. both experts i talked to said the AEM is hosed and was bad.. I then noticed that the box (warranty tape) that says void if damaged... was actually ripped.. the box HAD been opened as AEM tech support told me to open it and verify the EEPROM was ACTUALLY in the socket.. it was and THEY even said its a bad unit.. ALL I DID was simply jump pin 66 to i 62 as specified, plugged the bitch in, and so forth... thought it was working until AEM performed a debug test on it (i dont remember what i did exactly) but they said the buffered transport data was corrupted on the AEM side.. Im really good and car savvy so i know i didnt screw this one up and im pissed.. after calling the guy that sold it to me (on this post) his phone is disconnected (QUICKGS) Just an FYI man, i want my damn money back. This is a BUM unit and it took me a long time to afford this shit. Im too fucking pissed to even get back in my right mindset. after serving in the corps its hard to think people still rip others off like this.. i want my 1250 back asap.. no games

Dude this Unit was working on my car before it was removed, i have people that can vouch for me here and CL.
Why would i try to screw you!!! come on.
I will come over there and get it running for you i pmed you my new number.
Let me know when.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Let me know what you wanna do, like i said i have a bunch of people that can vouch hell even ISP Racing in beltsville can vouch because they tune my car 1 week before the unit the removed from the car.
Brad Brooks tuned my car and he can vouch, SlowSC_3 can vouch also,Peter the owner of Isp racing can vouch , i mean all the local guys.
I don't know what do you did wrong, but i will step up and do the right thing.
Lets send it to AEM and have them look at itand i will pay for shipping and everything if they find it defective.
I am not here to scam anybody, if you would call me like i told you to do before you tried to install i will full responsibility and give you a refund , how do i know you didn't frie the ECU not saying that you did but.....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I should have expected you to say something like that.. Assuming i would have fried the ECU is a joke. I simply disconnected the battery like i was supposed to, wired in the MAP and AIT, Re-pinned the ECU (i believe its 66-62) double and triple checked everything. You dont have to sit there and say "if you would call me like i told you to do before you tried to install i will full responsibility and give you a refund" you arent some expert on this.. You act as if you are the all mighty ECU installer. This is my 5th tuned car not including the GN in my garage that I tuned. If i can wire in 1 by 1 a haltech unit and have it run perfectly, i highly believe i can install a plug and play unit and repin 1 wire. AEM said the unit is Fubar either on the main board or on the eprom and it doesnt help me any sitting in the house after i paid 1200 for it.. Dont sit there and try to justify that if you were installing it, that you would give me a full refund.. im talking to the guy on the phone who AND I QUOTE "If i would screw someone over, i would send the unit to someone in california or somewhere else far away but not someone local" Bottom line, you would sell a bum unit regardless. Personally, i could care less who on any forum can vouch for you, the unit does not work..Im wiping my hands clean of this shit.. I did NOT fry the damn computer and the Unit is useless..

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mods- please close this thread..

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I should have expected you to say something like that.. Assuming i would have fried the ECU is a joke. I simply disconnected the battery like i was supposed to, wired in the MAP and AIT, Re-pinned the ECU (i believe its 66-62) double and triple checked everything. You dont have to sit there and say "if you would call me like i told you to do before you tried to install i will full responsibility and give you a refund" you arent some expert on this.. You act as if you are the all mighty ECU installer. This is my 5th tuned car not including the GN in my garage that I tuned. If i can wire in 1 by 1 a haltech unit and have it run perfectly, i highly believe i can install a plug and play unit and repin 1 wire. AEM said the unit is Fubar either on the main board or on the eprom and it doesnt help me any sitting in the house after i paid 1200 for it.. Dont sit there and try to justify that if you were installing it, that you would give me a full refund.. im talking to the guy on the phone who AND I QUOTE "If i would screw someone over, i would send the unit to someone in california or somewhere else far away but not someone local" Bottom line, you would sell a bum unit regardless. Personally, i could care less who on any forum can vouch for you, the unit does not work..Im wiping my hands clean of this shit.. I did NOT fry the damn computer and the Unit is useless..

Like i said i wasn't there i don't know what you did wrong, I have screw and even tried to screw anyone on here so you wo't be the first one.
If i was to screw someone it will be a member from california or whatever someone that's not local to me that's what a scammer will do.
At first you said the Box never worked on your car, sunday when i was coming to your house you told me it's started your car for a couple second , dude you didn't even know what type of injectors you had !! if they were high or low impedance come on.
I was coming to your house but you told me "i don't want you to waste your time coming over here , because it's alot of work trying to make this thing work i tried everything and my car wouldn't start"
If you need help you got my number, i am willing to work with you.
I know 100% that you got the wiring mixed up, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the unit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts