Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st of if I am not suppose to start a thread like this one please delete it moderator. I apoligize for any incovience.

Right now I am working on a device that will put out any where from 30-50rwhp. Nothing is certain yet because I haven't completed my project nor have I dyno'ed it. What it is is a device that utilized what a supercharger does. It is a electronic device that sucks or blows more air into the engine with a click of a button. It will not harness the power constanly like the supercharger. I still have to test it out on a NA 1st before I give you guys any feedback. My only problem with this device is running too lean. So I gotta watch out for that. So I will keep you guys posted on the project.

·
pirates like cookies
702 Posts
electric supercharger...

ur kidding right

·
Hardtopper
13,044 Posts
This should be under offtopic and thread name should start with 'Funny:'

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah thats an easy mod, just steal your gf's hair dryer, pop down to your nearest electrical store and buy a power inverter, put the hair dryer into the intake and run the power cable back to the inverter inside the cabin and flick the switch. There you have it a sweet easy 75 ponies there :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Look I am trying to help out the NA cummunity that haven't gone turbo yet.

I am still debating on if I want to make it suck air in or to use a actual turbing.

If you don't have any interest in this then why post comments at all?

I am just trying to give back to the NA cummunity. I had a NA once and I know what its like not having money tog o turbo and wanting my car to be faster so this is why I am working on this.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
I'm all for it, and i think if you prove your results you'll be a very rich man :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah sorry about my previous hair dryer statement, as sum people have said these kinda devices do exisit and in theory i cant see why they wouldnt work. But i was thinking the other day would it not be possible to hook up a gas bottle full of compressed air to your intake manifold and open it (with sum sorta correct pressure setting) and bang, u would have forced induction? similar to a NOS type setup. i would imagine that the costs on this would be huge and gains probabley not that big, but if sum1 has the money use my idea and go ahead and build :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts