Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Respect
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im at school at the moment and there are a few beast in the parking lots. One that i noticed right off the back was a 3000GT VR4 that was louder than shit and i could tell he had a front mount. So the shit talking began, I had some people in my class that were friends with the guy and the words got passed on to him and he got a little worked up :rolleyes: . I just finished doing my laundry sunday afternoon and he pulled in the parking lot and we talked. My tires were balder than shit and were showing belt in two of the tires. So we decided to do some highway rolls. From a dig i know that that in this 40 degree weather he would walk all over me.

Mods on the cars.
My car-Black auto tt, max box air intake, hks priest exhaust(older than shit and still has a cat), hks 264 cams, greddy boost controller at 15psi, greddy bcc, wired in ttc.

His mods- no cats, straight pipes all the way back, an air fuel adjuster off his maf "horsepower in a box", some hardpipe intake system with dual k and n filters, front mount, greddy boost controller at 15psi, john shep rebuilt tranny, carbon fiber driveshaft, supra fuel pump :) , some type twin disk racing clutch, and an safc. He just dynoed in norther colorado at 400awhp.

We did 3 runs from 30, 45, and 60. At the 30 i wasn't brake boosting and he pulled a car length and it was too late to catch up. The other two, i pulled at least 2 carlengths and could have kept going. I ended up going for a ride in his car and it felt like it pulled much harder than my car but i dont' think he had much top end.

Thought i would share the weekend!

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
sounds good. Those VR4s are pretty sweet

·
!black
4,625 Posts
Sounds like he still has the stock pea shooters (9b's). Good run though, 400awhp sounds high for those mods but I guess it's possible.

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
get some new tires.... !!! Nice kill.

·
Registered
106 Posts
nice kill

·
Registered
112 Posts
if he was AWD i dunno about the shep tranny, but good kill nonetheless. I hate horsepower in a box people. :D

·
Registered
509 Posts
Good kill, N yess u can kill his car on top end with eazzzzz.

·
Invert.
257 Posts
Glad you didn't try to take him from a dig.
I was at wyotech in september, but left early. You may have even heard of me, I was the 16 year old. I remember seein your car (or other black supra).

·
Respect
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I have new tires on the car now and were going to go at it again from a dig. I do have a custom dp that came with my car but the piping isn't 3 inch so i dont' list it as a mod. I just put my cams on a few weeks ago while the car had to sit because of snow but a new dp and exhaust is going to be thrown on very soon. As for other cars, there is a black 6spd mk4 that has a bodykit and 20" chrome wheels :dunno: , hes from texas and he might actually be a member on the boards, so if you know a guy from texas with 20" chromies on his soop than it might be him. There is also another 3000gt that is louder than shit but i don't think its a vr4. As for stock turbos on that guys car, they arn't stock. I can't remember what he said they were but i remember him telling me they were different. The soops and 3000gt's are the big dogs with a few mustangs and ta's that are running drag radials and skinnies.

I notice a huuuuuuge difference with cams. The overlap is much better and just makes the car pull much harder and everyone can notice a difference. I just started in april so the supra you saw must have been the other guy.

Oh and for the tranny, i was just amazed at how hard he launched his car and drove it without breaking anything and he said that shep took it apart and put new stuff in it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
there is a white mk4 rolling around too ive seen two black mk4's one being from iowa and the other from texas a couple vr4's and a couple quick talons. last summer there were some fast cars high altittude built a 95 or so mustang with a 347 stroker afr heads,cam, and a t-trim running 15psi that was a beast of a car and there was also a imprezza with an sti swap running around with a bigger turbo and a water to air intercooler running 25psi and it was damn fast. There was also a 95 camaro running around with an s/c but i think he left. You never know around here ive seen a lot of fast cars up here you just have to find them. Is your soop the black one from iowa that was in kens toyota the other day and its an auto?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts