Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a race between my Z's and a 3000GT VR4.


For direct viewing (streetfire)

Right click and save as...


This race is from like 4 months ago. A month after the race, the VR4 blew the engine and now the owner did a complete rebuilt with forget pistons, lightened crank, bigger turbos and other goodies...He kept the stock injectors and intercooler tho :dunno:

Anyway, he wants a revenge, so I'll make a video of that too and post it here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
WTF is he on stock injectors for? They can't even keep up with the stock turbos.

He is just gona blow another engine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lawdogg said:
Nice vid, I replied on 300ZXClub too...

Stock IC's are doable with big turbos but they will heat soak QUICK ... running stock injectors with big turbos is just silly. Where's 360cc/min gonna get you? Nowhere, that's where. At least not under much boost. :)

-Ryan

Yeah, I gave him the warning and he said he's not going to abuse on the boost after he can get bigger injectors...He's a 19 y.o. kid, so I hope he won't mess it up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
2 things wrong with the video:
1. the VR4 guy doesn't know how to launch an AWD car
2. the gigantic tasteless wing produced too much drag ;-)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
899 Posts
lawdogg said:
Nice vid, I replied on 300ZXClub too...

Stock IC's are doable with big turbos but they will heat soak QUICK ... running stock injectors with big turbos is just silly. Where's 360cc/min gonna get you? Nowhere, that's where. At least not under much boost. :)

-Ryan
They seriously run a 360cc injector? Hell, my Miata is running 440's :ugh2:
-Tim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
sr20ser said:
They seriously run a 360cc injector? Hell, my Miata is running 440's :ugh2:
-Tim

Yes its true, pretty lame eh?

Fuel pump blows also, seriously the stock fuel system isn't up to par even for the stock baby little itty bitty turbos.
 

·
Kancho Battle Garage
Joined
·
850 Posts
You tromped all over him, nice kill.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
twinturboman said:
2 things wrong with the video:
1. the VR4 guy doesn't know how to launch an AWD car
2. the gigantic tasteless wing produced too much drag ;-)
I thought the hatch was open.... :sadance:

The poor mod choice too. 9.5PSI and full exhaust with stock turbos? Kidding me. Oh well. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
zizux said:
Yes its true, pretty lame eh?

Fuel pump blows also, seriously the stock fuel system isn't up to par even for the stock baby little itty bitty turbos.
Yeah...I hate that Z's came with small injectors too (370cc), but our fuel pump is pretty strong tho.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top