S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes very true but is the 2jz that much more advanced than the VG30 to swap?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
You're gonna have your car shipped all the way to the east coast to have this work done? Yeesh. Z1 Motorsports comes highly reccomended though...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I trust them alot I got the Z for 3495 private seller. It has 205,000 on it. I'm excited about doing this so now I'll have two nice fast cars. The Z will be my daily driver so I can let the Supra rest for a day or two.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I've heard alot of good things on Z1, just from the little research I have done. I'm thinking of getting a Z TT and I'll need a new engine. Z1 wants alittle over $2000 for a good conditioned USDM TT engine!!! I was like wow thats cheap. And the JDM ones are like only 1700 shipped! But like everyone has said the Z's are a pain the but to work on. But for that price engine swaps are very affordable.

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
People that say Z's are a bitch to work on have no common sense, much less i can pretty much garuntee you that half or more that quote that have NEVER laid a finger on a z.

I have. My brother owns a 93' 2 seater N/A slicktop ( soon to convert TT).

Motor and tranny were pulled this december for its 60K mile service ( it has 80K on it right now).

Now we just dropped the rear end out last week from a minor accident he had going to school in the rain....Z's are spin happy chassi's...2+2's arent that bad since they have a longer wheelbase...more stable.

The motor is not hard at all to remove...and mostly all people vow that the motor and tranny cannot be put back into the car at once....we did it without a hitch. Just took 3 hours of thinking and tinkering....the PS hardlines on the rack itself would get stuck on the oil pan....so what we did was loosen the motor mounts, and basically lower the motor and tranny combo in together, then put on the motor mounts. Simple as pie.

To me, the wiring on my mk3 supra is horrindous compaird to the Z's wiring harness....everything is laid out so darn simply....nothing is "hidden" or out of reach...

Good luck on the swap, i think Z1 is a great place, my brother has done alot of business with them as well...and their one peice steel drive shafts are a beuty! Get one, it works wonders for power deliever and just sound and ride quality!

again, props on the swap.

-Jonathan

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Screw the V8's and the 2jz...

Go for an RB26 swap.....now thats different....and powerful....and not very costly, since the wiring shouldnt be that much different from the VG30DETT wiring.

just some food for thought.

-Jonathan

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
LOL fatkatsupra, I called it first:lol: , read above your post.

-Jonathan

·
Thinking Person
1,533 Posts
Dave Capone said:
twin turbo V6, in a small engine bay = a bitch
not only that... but its a big-topend V6 in physical size...
the intake plenum is HUGE and covers up everything...

you pretty much have to pull the motor to do anything... whereas on the 2jz, you don't :)

2jz swap is cheaper than $8700 if you know what you're doing... of course if you're asking questions like this, you mean to pay someone to do your own work and therefore you don't know what you're doing :cool:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts