Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased CCW 505A wheels about 3 years ago with Michelin Pilot Sport S2 @ 315/30R18 (rear). I love the Michelin Pilot Sport tires as they handle, sound, and last for what I need (weekend street ride). I wanted to replace my rears but never thought it would be so tough to get a set. TireRack is estimated to be shipped to “them” around end of July! Cant’ find them anywhere and are extremely expensive ($540)
I found only one thread talking about recommendations for 315/30R18 tires. They basically recommend the Toyo PROXES R888 but this is a dry tire. Living in FL and even for a weekend driver, I don’t think is recommended. I found the BFGoodrich G-Force Rival S and do look good but was wondering if anyone had ever used these or have other suggestions?

·
Registered
428 Posts
i had the r888 before i switched to the michillen pilot super sports. I loved the r888. For what youre looking for as far as weekend driving youll be fine. Ive driven in the rain with them and its fine as long as you dont do anything stupid in the rain...lol the good news is that they hook really well!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have a virtually brand new set of R888s in that size 315/30-18 I would be willing to sell to you. I don't need them as I switched to a 15inch rim setup.

They literally have less than 100 miles on them.

·
Banned
451 Posts
i had the r888 before i switched to the michillen pilot super sports. I loved the r888. For what youre looking for as far as weekend driving youll be fine. Ive driven in the rain with them and its fine as long as you dont do anything stupid in the rain...lol the good news is that they hook really well!
+1 ^^^^

·
Super Moderator
3,828 Posts
I have a virtually brand new set of R888s in that size 315/30-18 I would be willing to sell to you. I don't need them as I switched to a 15inch rim setup.

They literally have less than 100 miles on them.

Price?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I also have the r888 but haven't seen any wet roads with my first set. They hook very well when warm and are good for mildly high power. I also was in the market for 315s but not many options and the pilot sports are expensive because there Porsche OE tires

·
-Question Conjecture-
3,027 Posts
I also have the r888 but haven't seen any wet roads with my first set. They hook very well when warm and are good for mildly high power. I also was in the market for 315s but not many options and the pilot sports are expensive because there Porsche OE tires
I'd say a bit more than "mildly" high power. Geo from RSP used to pretty much dead hook 900ish* whp with his 6766 car from a mother fucking stop. . . I was like: dayuuuum. To be fair, that was a concrete bridge he was on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts