Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Im gonna JZ on your face
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
new pics on pg.2

I didnt really search if 315s would fit w/o rolling fenders till They arrived... I guess Im runnin a skyjacker lift kit in the rear for the life of these fat boys...

these were tucked in the rear fenders_____________________ these will not w/o wide body

raised to near stock height... after short drive there was a nice "rub line" in the tread. Car is now about 1" higher than pictured... sitting next to my buddies stock wheeled and springed supra hatch sat higher than his!

camber is set as colse to 0 as I can get in on the stock bolts.. but I know this wont help clearance :rolleyes: but will help tire wear.

--any suggestions?

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
Those may always rub but rolling them will help a bit. On stock wheels 315's rubbed the same way you described on my car. But on my buddies car who's car has rolled fenders they never do. Maybe you will have to mold in some fender flares. That sucks you have to turn your car into a monster truck :(

Alex

·
Im gonna JZ on your face
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alx2785 said:
Those may always rub but rolling them will help a bit. On stock wheels 315's rubbed the same way you described on my car. But on my buddies car who's car has rolled fenders they never do. Maybe you will have to mold in some fender flares. That sucks you have to turn your car into a monster truck :(

Alex
na its not a monster truck... the frontlip sits about 1.5" off the ground :bigthumb:

I just have to deal with a mean ass muscle car rake :rolleyes:

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
camber 1 degree in ( it won't affect wear as much as u would think)

then roll or cut the fender.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
many people have run 315's on stock bodied cars. You need to roll your fenders and hammer the inner fender wall.

I think your biggest problem is the wheels do not have the proper offset.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Gadfly said:
many people have run 315's on stock bodied cars. You need to roll your fenders and hammer the inner fender wall.

I think your biggest problem is the wheels do not have the proper offset.
Ya man, I don't think they are the right offset as Gadfly has stated. Some people do need the inner fender wall done, but I did not for my 315s; only the lip had to be rolled up.

·
FAITH
604 Posts
That's a combination of:

-A tire too wide for the wheel.
-A bad offset for that width wheel.
-Not enough negative camber.

-Khader

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
You know it's not always possible to get the "correct" offset for a Supra. MVP sells Volks with such an offset that dictates running nothing larger than say a 275 or 285. I'm speaking of the SF Challenge but I'm sure that other wheels are being offered with the same "less than stock" offset number. Just go with it and roll the fenders, forget the flares and do what you have done which is raise the body slightly.

·
Im gonna JZ on your face
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well for the offset... if the wheel was in any more it would hit the inner body, I can barly fit my fingers between the tire and the inside...

what would rolling really do... I mean then they would just hit on the outside nicely painted fender instead of the lip underneath???

Khader K.;

Ive seen people put 315s on stockers... they fit fine on my volks.

MyKarIsVicious "camber 1 degree in ( it won't affect wear as much as u would think) then roll or cut the fender."

Ill mess with the camber a bit...

·
Registered
565 Posts
Personally, i think that looks awesome!

Too bad it doesn't fit right though...but i love that COMPLETE flushed out look that fills the entire well up...and even a tad sticking out looks awesome!

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Going by the pics it looks to me like the offsets on the wheels for the rear are correct and by correct that means that they assumed that someone would put a tire on that rim that was square with that rim and if it was square it wouldn't hit nearly how it is now. That tire is buldging outside of that rim pretty bad which would require a larger offset if you wanted the tire pushed in a little bit for it not to rub.
By doing that you could then roll the fenders and it would be "close" to perfect, but not positive if it would rub a little bit or not...it would just be a lot better than it is now. I think the tires you ordered run big too...those 315's are probably like 12.8" wide when a 315mm tire is supposed to be 12.4" wide.

Did you let them know that you were going to put 315's on the rims, so they could give you the proper offset to fit 315's? Do you know what offset you have...I am assuming that is a 10" rim or so?

Good luck on everything.

Take Care

·
When cars say, "NO MORE!"
2,112 Posts
315s really do not give you much more traction than 275s. Most of the extra tread "hangs" over the edge of the wheel. Sure you see some but imo its not worth all the effort.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
When the car is jacked up and you are mounting the wheel. the clearance you have between the inside wheel and strut might be minimal. But as you lower the car, the clearance increases since the top of the strut tilts inward. take a look with the car completely on the ground and then check for clearance, id be willing to bet you have at least another 1/2" of clearance there.

·
FAITH
604 Posts
booimaghost said:
Khader K.;

Ive seen people put 315s on stockers... they fit fine on my volks.
I'm not saying they shouldn't fit, because obviously they do.

But 315s were not made for that width wheel and that's why you have tread hanging over.

You can't take advantage of the 315 width on that width wheel.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
You get no more traction with 315s over 275s. Actually you will get less of a footprint on a stock sized rim. What you will definitely get is more uneven wear (therefore quicker wear), more rotational weight, more drag, and more understeer. But hey, it "looks cool", so isn't that what counts.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Rolling, in your case, will prevent cutting the tire to shreads. This is saying nothing about body rub which you will encounter the next time you are on the freeway.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts