Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
man whore
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you fit 335s on the rear of a supra with the 17x11.5 in Road race set up from CCW and how much would you have to roll your fenders?

a lot,
a shiit load
Don’t bother you will have to get fender flares or a WB kit.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I used to run 315/35/17 mickeys and dunlop's on the 17x11.5 ccw classics and I had to trim the fender a little bit. The trimming was mainly after I went with the mickey drag radials. Every tire manufacture has different spec's for the same size tire. I think you will be able to fit them with allot of trimming on the fender, but then again depends on what manufacture you go with. Do you think you really need a 335mm wide tire? What advantages are you trying to accomplish?

Lawrence

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think you will have to do alot of work I have 11.5 ccw 18's and i run 315 Pilot Cup Sports and i had to roll and flare my fenders 1 inch and it is still close.

·
627,2rwhp on pumpgas
255 Posts
I have CCW classic 11,5" with Michelin PS 335 and I didn't have to roll the fenders at all... I have a litle bit camber thoe with 3mm spacers.

/Morris

·
man whore
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL - SO4 is not a DR it's for road racing.

·
Papichulin
305 Posts
I guess the big question is, would going from a 315 to a 335 give more one traction?
I also roll on CCW 17" rears which also are 11.5in wide and absolutely would not mind more traction.

But it already looks very abnormally huge with the 315's
Intimidating, me likes!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I guess the big question is, would going from a 315 to a 335 give more one traction?
I also roll on CCW 17" rears which also are 11.5in wide and absolutely would not mind more traction.

But it already looks very abnormally huge with the 315's
Intimidating, me likes!
What kind of traction is the question :eek:

·
Papichulin
305 Posts
What kind of traction is the question :eek:
LOL at my dyslexic post...:)
"give more one traction?" OMG!:gtfoslap:

But you got the idea, how much better with the 10mm wider tire?

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
From a 315mm wide tire to a 335mm tire (20mm), I dont think you will gain any significant amount of traction both sizes being the same tire manufacture and model. heck I went from a 285 to a 315 and didnt notice any difference other than the looks, my traction still sucked. Its all in the tire choice, probably one of the best tires for dry straight line traction was the mickey thompson drag radial (new design).
Or you could focus on the suspension to get maximum traction for the given tire. For example if your supra is lowerd a good amount (over 2") you will most likely have a good amount of negative camber, say -1.5 deg. With that much negative camber a 315mm wide tire wont help you all that much as upon launching your rear end will sag an inch or so which will give you around -1.9 to -2.1 deg of camber. You will only use up to 85% of the tread face. So if you go with a 335mm tire you most likely wont be using that much more tire to make a difference.
If you dial the rear camber a bit positive (-.75 to -1degree) you should see an improvement in straight line traction. Just my $.02

Lawrence

1 - 11 of 11 Posts