Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm torn between picking a g35 or 350z for my daily driver. I would prolly do minor bolt ons and some nice rims but can't decide which one is really the better car. Does the G35 have the manual transmission problems the 350z does? Just want peoples opions and insight on the two. Thanks

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
The g35 would be a real nice DD...the 350 is probably better as a weekend car. 2 seats plus almost no trunk = :nono: as a good DD.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
one other car i meant to mention along with the 350z and g35, not really the same class in a sense but if i throw in the bmw 330ci still think the g35 is the best bet? Also no one has said anything relating to my question about does the g35 manual tranny go out like the 350z or is that not a problem. Thanks

·
Sheep on the hood...
511 Posts
neither
save your money and wait for the skyline

·
5,059 Posts
I know the tranny is an issue with the 350z. Mine has been notchy since the day I got it, thats just how the transmission is. I think the majority of the Z owners don't know how to drive. Its not just the transmission but rather the driver. Seriously go to a 350z board 90% of them are fucken morons.

·
Dreamer
1,628 Posts
Hmmm... mine is just fine execpt that infamous throwout bearing chatter. It doesn't really bother me and it hasn't caused any problems to the tranny as far as I can tell. I haven't heard anyone's tranny getting destroyed because of that problem... just more of annoyance. I hear 05 models don't have this issue.

Anyway, I would choose G coupe over 350Z any day. :D For daily driver, there is no contest. You get more room and a lot more luxury with almost all of the Z's performance. :)

·
GM Interior Designer
658 Posts
I think the G35 looks a whole hell of a lot better. The first thing you do after you get it is put on some JDM Skyline badges so you can really alienate yourself from this board. :) J/K. IF the 350Z's are having problems with their trannys then the G35 will too as they are virtually the same car. I'm guessing there a lot more manual 350's then there are G's. Most Infiniti dealers probably order autos.

·
Poser Extraordinaire
350 Posts
g35 coupe all the way !

·
Banned
612 Posts
Z is beat.. go with the G35 6 speed

·
Super Moderator
10,498 Posts
Both cars have the same 6MT transmission.

Ken.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts