Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
RSPECT
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just did a write-up on my350z and so I'll just copy paste from there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKiMJIJyo6A

Anywho, here's the story:

Part 1 of 2

The Supra guys have been putting together a moderately-sized meet every Friday night for the past couple weeks out in the SW suburbs of Chicago. Saad's been eagerly awaiting his opportunity to run something 2JZ-powered and he felt this was his best bet.

It was midnight before we set out and seeing as how the Supra fellas were slated to meet at ~10pm, we figured a 45 minute drive out to 75th & Lemont was probably not worth the effort. So in an attempt to salvage the night, we made our way out to Streets of Woodfield to see if there was anything there worth lining up against. We were really hoping to see at least one MKIV Turbo out there but we weren't exactly expecting anything.

To our delight, a pair of clean Supra turbos were parked right in front of Starbucks. They both looked to be slightly modded at the very least. After approaching both owners and inquiring about the state of tune their cars were in, we were told both cars were stock turbo'd BPU vehicles.

After beating around the bush for not much longer, everyone finally got in their respective vehicles for a few e-way pulls. Keep in mind, we were under the impression that these were stock turbo cars.

Anywho, I was able to capture the runs between Saad and what in fact was a T-78 single turbo Supra making between 700-800rwhp. The video captures what you probably would've expected in this situation.

Part 2 of 2

As I've mentioned earlier, there were 2 alleged BPU cars there that night. One turned out to be a single turbo'd monster. The other was, in fact, a stock turbo'd BPU car (the silver car). The car was an automatic with 116,xxx miles on the dash. No FMIC, no ECU upgrade; essential BPU mods (downpipe, exhaust, boost controller).

I wasn't able to get the race between the silver Supra and Saad's Z on video. All the runs made that night were with Saad lined up on the left and the opposition on the right (so that I'd have a vantage point from which to capture the video). For some odd reason, the owner of the silver Supra decided to switch lanes and line up to Saad's left.

Both cars lined up, Saad got on the gas first although I wouldn't say either car got the 'jump.' This run took us through all of 3rd, 4th and 5th gear and somewhat into 6th. We had about half a car on the Supra from when both cars got on the gas and that half car turned into about 1 1/2-2 cars by the time we were making our way through 5th. I believe Saad saw 150mph on that run.

Summary

Ran two MKIV turbos.
Got worked by a T-78 single with fuel, etc. making >700rwhp.
Pulled from the BPU car rather decisively.

After getting back to Streets, both owners were rather impressed, to say the least. In fact, the owner of the silver Supra said he had no doubt in his mind he'd pull from the Z on the top end. Imagine his surprise when it was the Z that was doing the pulling.

I believe the black Supra owner's name was Shawn (sp?) and the name of the silver Supra's owner was Caden. I don't know if any of 'em are regulars here but I figure some of you Chicagoland members may know who I'm referring to. Both of 'em were really cool, just so you know.

Oh, and if any of you local guys want to meet up, let me know. We tried for 75th and Lemont this week but just couldn't work it into our schedules. Maybe something in the Schaumburg area?

Anywho, thanks for viewing. Feedback's always appreciated :)

·
Pimp of Centralia
2,815 Posts
Forcednduckshn said:
Nice Writeup! That supra was hella-fast, ehh? What kind of power is the Z making? (I would assume ~400whp?) Congrats on the BPU kill. I guess 1-1 on the night against 2 MKIV's aint too bad right? :)

Cheers

-Nick
stock boost is 8.5 - 9 ish... on a stock block .. 413 - 440 whp

·
RSPECT
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Eh.. next time I'll try harder to entertain you guys :ugh2:

Anywho, yea, he's put down 450whp on stock internals.

And yea, he was pretty stoked about finally earning a kill over a BPU Supra.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Nice run against the BPU. Congrats, now all the BPU guys (and girls :) ) are going to buy single kits. But 800RHP on a T78 sounds pretty high. He must have a lot of work done to his car to get the T78 up to 800, even 750 is high. Usually a T78 will get you around 700 on the high side with a decent amount of supporting mods.

·
Pimp of Centralia
2,815 Posts
Farhan said:
Eh.. next time I'll try harder to entertain you guys :ugh2:

Anywho, yea, he's put down 450whp on stock internals.

And yea, he was pretty stoked about finally earning a kill over a BPU Supra.

reason the video was boring because it looks like you guys are just curising around... nothing that looks like a real race..

I recommend you read a book by the madman "Three Honks from a Roll"

·
RSPECT
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I assure you the two times we lined up against the black Supra, both drivers got on it.

I suppose the Supra's to blaim for being so fast and so loud that it makes it look as if we weren't even racing.

·
RSPECT
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That race is a loong time coming... However, I guarantee when Riz's car is complete, it'll happen. Should be pretty interesting...

·
Hawtness
1,598 Posts
I would of thought if the supra was 700+ he would of pulled a LOT harder on someone with almost half the power? Maybe im wrong but idk

·
Under Construction
555 Posts
Smokey1226 said:
I would of thought if the supra was 700+ he would of pulled a LOT harder on someone with almost half the power? Maybe im wrong but idk
700whp is on race gas with higher boost no doubt. He might of been running pump gas. Also don't look at peak hp. A car can be much faster with less hp. It's all about power under the curve. Peak hp doesn't mean a thing. However, I think the Supra pulled that Z pretty hard and he braked at the end so he would of stretched him more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There are alot faster supras there that would give your Z a good run. Im always taping the meets so if your there I'll be glad o shoot.
I will try to make a trip out to lemont and 75th this friday. That is actually where we initially wanted to go last week. Not that i think i can fare well with the more powerful Supras there who want to give me a run. I would love to shoot a few more runs though. Even if i am catching the tail end of the supra.. you guys should know :nutkickhi :sadance:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not sure, but i made a run with a turbocharged sc300 a few weeks ago on 53 between euclid and palatine. That was fast too, he pulled on me hard when we got over maybe 130 or so. If that was you, from looking at your sig i can tell you it wasnt a fair race at all. LoL.
I think it was a dark green sc300 or maybe even black. Looked stock with a huge turbo guage hanging on his dash.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts