Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how would high stall converters work with stock twins. would it work better at the track then stock? also who makes the best converters and what is good deal on them?

thx

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Get the 3600 if you plan on being on the stock turbos or a small single turbo. You will knock off .5-1.0 full second off your 1/4 mile times.

·
Dsm killer
339 Posts
damn a .5-1.0 second off the 1/4 is worth it. Just seeing that makes me want to buy one. If your on your stock twins what kind of times can you expect to see from bpu+ (rough esitmate)

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
On stock twins, i use to run [email protected] at BPU+++ this was on street tires, i put in a PI 3600 Single Disc T/C and the car instantly went 12.02 @117 on street tires, but when i put on BFG DRS the car easily did a [email protected]

i think everyone should go BPU and then T/C, instant 11s.

vnt ;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that is great news.

how much is torque converter? which company do you recommend? how much boost can you built with stock twins standing still? do i need two step or other parts to do this?

thx guys
newbie here...

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
v8huntr said:
that is great news.

how much is torque converter? which company do you recommend? how much boost can you built with stock twins standing still? do i need two step or other parts to do this?

thx guys
newbie here...
you've got a PM.

vnt ;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
At BPU+ is the stock transmission able to survive a torque convertor without being upgraded to a built transmission? Should I possibly add a transmission cooler to make sure, or is it just rediculous to think my stock transmission can survive?

Will

·
Registered
849 Posts
At BPU on stock turbos the tranny will be fine. just get a Cooler on it, you will need it with a higher stall.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts