Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
368 rwhp on stock twins good on my ae86?

i guess you add 20 % more and that should be equivalent to maybe 445 hp to the motor thats what i got on my jap 2jz today ... not bad for stocks i guess ...
your thoughts .
by the way 93 octane on 18 pounds of boost
we didn't wanna push the twins any harder than that all though we could have
but we all know the outcome .

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
550 CC US
American spec turbo's
american spec cams
spearco intercooler
manual boostguage
hks blow off valve
paxton fuel pressure reg
aem standalone
Nos external fuel pump
alot more to list but here;s a pic of the car and motor
dyno was done by Rafi drt performance woodside queens

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
What kind of tranny? Got any more pics of the Corolla?

G

·
Nice swap, is it an optical illusion or does the engine not sit level in the motor bay? Look at the engine bay pic.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
trust me the engine is sitting as straight as it can be.........and runs straight as an arrow ....it also has a 79 supra modded rear to hold the power down for me.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i will hope to run this car at the track sometime this summer ...if my slicks can stick it should be intresting.

·
Banned
378 Posts
Corolla engine sits tilted like that too. That FMIC is ghetto, but otherwise nice swap. Your motor is US-spec anymore with 550s and all u have on it, you should be able to push twins harder.

·
Banned
378 Posts
PS DTSupra30 dynoed 371rwhp at 14PSI on same setup as yours, thru a 5-speed, on stock 6-speed ECU. You should be making more power, check that AEM tune or post dyno chart so we can see whats up

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Stringer Bell said:
PS DTSupra30 dynoed 371 rwhp at 14PSI on same setup as yours, thru a 5-speed, on stock 6-speed ECU. You should be making more power, check that AEM tune or post dyno chart so we can see whats up
i honestly can't see how he got 371 rwhp on a stock computer.... of course none the less they upgraded his stock computer with a chip plus and or some type of vpc or piggy back ....
also im sure there may be some vaccum leaks with my setup aswell
i don't dought what your saying ......anyway i have you to know that i would have left the stock computer on but when i would hit 3rd gear the p.o.s computer would hit rev limiting and performance was weak ...so i had no choice but to use the a.e.m. which i had for a while now. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
the A.E.M has solved my rev limiting problem ..and that's all i wanted ...sometimes
i wish i knew then what i know now ....i would had waited for a nice us spec engine
i think i would have been easier to deal with ....after all i have changed just about everything to us spec except for the wire harness ...which i was about to do if i had to
all in all im very happy with the performance like i said should be intresting no# at the track this summer for me ...im just glad my project pulled through ...i built this car in my backyard
3 years ago.

·
Banned
378 Posts
Great project none the less man, I am just saying that power should be slightly higher. Do search on DTSupra30 or PM him to verify his dyno #s

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Stringer Bell said:
Great project none the less man, I am just saying that power should be slightly higher. Do search on DTSupra30 or PM him to verify his dyno #s
Well if this helps any..... the 368 were on 18psi 93 pump gas we could have pushed it to maybe 21 psi .....as we all know that's pushing it and of course we could have had alittle more hp...but we just left it at 18 psi not to push the twins any harder ......no need for that as we all know the outcome when stock twins are pushed to those levels. :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts