Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys tell me if I need to install a transmission fluid cooler for an auto tranny with car putting down 385 - 425 rwhp running single? If yes, please recommend one and suggest installation location/tips.

Thanks.

·
iSPOOL
1,417 Posts
I plan on getting one also, maybe a mishimoto with a fan and secondary smaller one Maybe a termacool.. Its not needed since I don't beat on the car but once I start taking it to the track ill need it.

·
Im A Fuking Ninja!!!
4,584 Posts
an extra transmission cooler is always good, N/A or boosted. I am installing one on my GS300 2jz soon, just because the summer here are 100degree plus for weeks on end. On my MKIV i use the stock cooler and an external inline one that is mounted inbetween the intercooler and condenser, if i had to redo it then i would put it in the opening under the turn signal lights.

·
Blood for Blood
8,321 Posts
^ thats where I have mine, under the driver side turn signal ... fluidyne trans cooler and a 7.5in spal fan that pulls 440cfm.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
The secret to a good cooler install is making sure it's large and inlet and outlets don't point down. The bigger the cooler the longer it takes fluid to pass, the longer the fluid stays inside the colder it gets. If the inlet/outlet face downward you'll probably get an air pocket.

Mounting the cooler underneath the turn signals is smart but the space is pretty small so it'll be a tight fit.

good thread to read. It's ironic because they don't know B&M rebrands Long Tru-Cool.

The biggest B&M is the equivalent of the Long Tru-Cool 4590. I'd run at least that size for the power you're making. If you try hard you might be able to fit where the stock SMIC was / behind your IC pipe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts