Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question is for the 1jz.

Could you wire in a non toyota, GM style 3 bar map sensor or would the factory harness/ecu reject the new map sensor. It should not since its only a simple devise that reads from 0-5 volts right?

On paper in seams like it sould work, 3bar map, larger injector and afc/afc2. Here the reasoning, the larger injectors would take care of the differance in voltage from the added psi/map sensor and the afc helps with small tunning. Am I completely off?

(It would work like a red neck vpc)

G

·
what??? of course it wont work.. its too big.. you're halving the voltage to the ECU.. no SAFC is gonna be able to rectify that.

3bar map needs a replacement ECU .. no question.

You can however fit a j-spec 2JZ map to run up to 18psi along with bigger injectors and fuel controller. Maybe need a bit of timing trickery too.

adi

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right your dividing the voltage by 2/3, so if you got injectors that were 2/3 as big "on paper it makes sense"

It was just a crazy Idea I had to get around high boost / hp with cheap parts like gm map sensors and afc

Josh

G

·
apologies, youre right.. youre leaning out by 2/3rds and not 50%.

The problem is still that you'll have to fit massive injectors to compensate, even 550's wont be enough as you'll need to add back the 30% loss through the map *AND* add extra to cope with the increased boost.

Personally unless youre going to run over 18 psi i'd use the 2Jmap.. either that or go standalone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts