Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just opened the hatch cover of my euro spec Supra MkIV and it seems there is one free plug, but apparently not connected (I didn´t yet measure if it is or not) to supply pwer to brake light.

Where did you get power for 3rd brake light or is there a way to connect that "empty" plug somewhere?

Thanks,

/nr000001

·
HKS T04Z rocks!
355 Posts
I did a post on this, its a bit of a job. www.mkivsupra.co.uk and search for "tailgate brake light" by Chiefgroover. It will answer your questions and save you a load of hassle and time.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you. I´ll save hours of work trying to get that wire connected. :)

BTW: You can save that $140 or euros with dremeling that dummy brake light open and just install electronics (leds) from some universal brake light kit. 36 leds will fit just fine. Takes about an hour to manufacture one after you find suitable donator kit.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
paulr said:
Moi! Is that your company, nr000001?

Do you know any good paint shops in Finland?
I'm thinking to change my car from red to black.
Terve! :)

Yes, I´m a partner in that company. I might know one good paint shop, where are you located? Somewhere in Finland? Let me know and I´ll hook you up.

/nr000001

·
Registered
27 Posts
nr000001 said:
Terve! :)

Yes, I´m a partner in that company. I might know one good paint shop, where are you located? Somewhere in Finland? Let me know and I´ll hook you up.

/nr000001
In Finland - not now - but after July - yes!

I don't know if I will still have the MKIV by then since I don't want to pay the import taxes on it. Do you know anyone who might be interested?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
paulr said:
In Finland - not now - but after July - yes!

I don't know if I will still have the MKIV by then since I don't want to pay the import taxes on it. Do you know anyone who might be interested?
The taxes aren´t that high (yes, higher than most other countries) with MKIV. I know many that are interested, but few are willing or able to pay the asking price even for a good car.

Keep the car, pay the taxes and enjoy driving one of the rarest car models in Finland. :) Supra will defenately turn heads here. And join supraclubfinland.com forum. Most of the members will communicate in english if needed.

/nr000001

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
paulr said:
I would be willing to negotiate on the price if the car comes up to Finland :) :) :)
PM me the tight price and I´ll take a look at the market here, you know we finns don´t like to negotiate for long so let me know your last price for the car. :) I sure don´t need another Supe, but maybe someone else want´s to buy one. Who knows. ;)

/nr000001

1 - 9 of 9 Posts