Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Custom LED Tail Lights
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know what exactly the black square thing is that is after the power wire on the 3rd brake light circuit board?? And if you do, do you know the voltage or specifications of it?

Looks like mine is fried or just old. And I'd like to replace it. I have tested everything else and its all fine. I just need to replace that.

Thanks guys,

·
Custom LED Tail Lights
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It isnt in the picture because once I touched it with my hand it pretty much crumbled into pieces.

If anyone has one opened up already .. the part would be between the top solid white power wire and the first resistor.

It is a circled now in my picture.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
i just bought a new one but my old one came apart like that, i assume you can buy a led strip there and mess around with resistors to make it work.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,481 Posts
HotSupra93,

Can you take a close-up picture of the new one? I might be able to identify the component for SupraGodTT if I can see the new one, intact.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i tried to take out the LED bar but i assume u need to remove the 2 bolts on the inside on the long ass threaded rod. I didnt have any tools that will fit all the way down.

I was going to try again on the weekend with the right equipment. Sorry its taken so long...

also like bitshftr said, it may be identifiable from a hi-rez close up on the new board.

·
Registered
6,435 Posts
wow

was that picture how it came from factory? Looks like ray charles attempted to solder that thing there!! good lord that is icky.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
HotSupra93,

Can you take a close-up picture of the new one? I might be able to identify the component for SupraGodTT if I can see the new one, intact.
well the new one is on already, and the plug was the same, i can tell it was missing half the leds as my original, but it works perfect, i wont get it open though.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,481 Posts
^^ Can't tell what the black thing is...not in focus.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts