Supra Forums banner

3rd Brake light voltage question Ishii HELP !?!?!?

4K views 38 replies 9 participants last post by  Stu Hagen 
#1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know what exactly the black square thing is that is after the power wire on the 3rd brake light circuit board?? And if you do, do you know the voltage or specifications of it?

Looks like mine is fried or just old. And I'd like to replace it. I have tested everything else and its all fine. I just need to replace that.

Thanks guys,

See less See more
#35 ·
I heated it up but it was a different type of glue, almost like superglue. But once I got a screwdriver in a gap, the whole housing like snapped out leaving some minor breakage. This is a test mule for me to replace the LEDs to a much brighter style.

There are 11 banks of 4-LEDs in series/parallel. This one only had like 3 banks operational.

Once I replace them I will post the results.

#37 ·
I pulled one apart a few years ago and started a replacement project. I wound up using a dremel fine cutoff wheel at the seam between the gray and white parts of the housing. Came right apart cleanly, and will glue back together cleanly again (tested).

That project suffered from feature-itus (as usual) and lack of time, but is spinning back up again. Here are some prototype boards I had made :

Text Ruler Font Label Tape measure

I kept the LED spacing the same due to the lens in the housing. Unless they're centered like the original, I think there might be some weird light bleeding between the LED locations and the lens centers. Maybe not, I haven't checked in detail.

The idea was/is to be able to do a subtle animation. My own preference is for a fast double-door opening and door closing effect, but the code (microcontroller-based) can handle any kind of animation. For example, this is the start of that animation definition

Code:
[COLOR="#000000"]# DB Version
version:1.0
# Animation name (16 chars)
name:SupraLED

# Bright value, Dim value, ms per TICK, Animation description
animation:200,50,10,Supra Tail 1

# Input #, starting entry #
input:1,0

Entry #, Ticks to display, Next entry if OFF, Next entry if ON
entry> 0, 254, 0, 1, ................................   # starting entry
entry: 1, 01,  0, 2, ...........oo...................
entry: 2, 01,  1, 3, ...........**...................
entry: 3, 01,  2, 4, ..........*oo*..................
entry: 4, 01,  3, 5, .........*oooo*.................
entry: 5, 01,  4, 6, ........*oooooo*................
  :
  :[/COLOR]
Simple text file. Code is mostly done, working on HW now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.