Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm burning through clutch masters at a dizzying pace...it's a 1988 na mk3, 5 speed. I install the clutch master...bleed out the air and all is well for about 10 days. The last one I replaced was full of black rubber bits in the reservoir...
the most recent one...about 2 weeks old...has now begun to fail...foot to the floor. After the first one failed, I replaced the slave cylinder as well as the master. No matter...failure soon after. There doesn't appear to be any fluid loss...the reservoir stays topped off...I see no evidence of fluid leaking anywhere...

yes...they are Chinese pieces of crap from O'Reilleys...the only local choice
I have...even so, they should last more than a matter of weeks...anyone else ever had to deal with this problem?

·
Registered
9,671 Posts
I'm burning through clutch masters at a dizzying pace...it's a 1988 na mk3, 5 speed. I install the clutch master...bleed out the air and all is well for about 10 days. The last one I replaced was full of black rubber bits in the reservoir...
the most recent one...about 2 weeks old...has now begun to fail...foot to the floor. After the first one failed, I replaced the slave cylinder as well as the master. No matter...failure soon after. There doesn't appear to be any fluid loss...the reservoir stays topped off...I see no evidence of fluid leaking anywhere...

yes...they are Chinese pieces of crap from O'Reilleys...the only local choice
I have...even so, they should last more than a matter of weeks...anyone else ever had to deal with this problem?
Your problem is in bold

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Do you not have the ability to order online? Even if you have to find a friend/neighbor/coworker to order for you and just give them an extra couple dollars for their trouble? Or pick up a prepaid Visa at the gas station?

Rockauto has an Exedy for $11 and an Aisin (OEM) for $30.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts