Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up everyone, i have 3.73s on my car right now, im considering using my 4.3 just for kicks, any one have any imput on this.

~scott

·
JZA is best f**k the rest
351 Posts
Might be a little much for everyday driving. I'm running the 4.10 torsen and it sits about 3100 rpm at about 75-80mph, thats a little high for me.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
4.30 is fine, perfect for street driving, highway is a bit high/loud, but still doable. just keep it in 5th, last time i was at 190km/hr it was 5th at ~5k, but that was with my w58.

and i have 295's on the rear :D

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
at 2600rpm's im doing about 70-80mph on highway, final gear on trans.

i dunno if the ga70 turbo lsd's were 4.3 or 4.5, but its one of those and i hear my top end would be like crap(im now begining to believe so too)

·
LAG?? Learn to drive...
1,941 Posts
there are benefits for only having to shift twice in the quarter mile. Get more power and the 3.73 will do just fine.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
K now ive got a question... are there any people with an auto 1j with a 4.3 rear? That can work right?

:ugh2:

Im starting to want an auto 1jz, not to mention with the money saved on the clip i could get mods that would make up for the power loss from auto...

:drool:

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
^^I've got an auto 1jz, but its a 4.5 rear, i kinda pickup speed super quick but due to either bearings in the diff bad or somethign(bushings), i get a crazzzzy vibration when i reach middle of 3rd gear and even the first bits of begining of 4th gear, shakes up the whole car, u feel it and well i let go.

But im assuming the higher ratio rear ends will give u a quicker acceleration but a crappy top end so i dont know if 3rd and 4th gears are wasted.

I was going with a 3.7 rear but now i've heard the 4.1 wakes up the car better....:( so im confused

i'd guess a 4.3 should be great for tracks, dunno about everyday

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have a 3.7 in the garage Ill put in eventually. The 4.3 gets up and goes nicely. :) But im usually doing 3-3.5k rpms going down the highway. Its a pain .

·
Registered
824 Posts
I have 4.625:1 diff and auto. I had 25.6” tall tyres and will be going to 27.5” tyres soon. 1st is fine for traction and revs out quick but it is hard to load up a big turbo and get it boosting early especially as it revs out so quick. I have never had traction problems but I haven’t made big power yet. I have a 65mm turbo on my 1jz and will hopefully have the ecu sorted very soon and start making some good power.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
you guys that worried about your highway RPM? I hardly ever use my 5th gear as it is anyway. 3-4k is nothing on a 1J. That's cruing RPM to me.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
i might try a 4.30 in my new car.. should be pretty good..

·
Registered
165 Posts
I like my 4.30's. Ill agree 1st gear is pretty darn short tho but cruising on the freeway is not bad at all. I think they are actually better for traction than the 3.73's. It took me forever to understand that concept tho and a lot of explanation.

·
turbo....................
1,057 Posts
its fun doing burnouts, drag, etc but if you do a lot of highway(like me) it sucks.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I have an auto 1jz with the lsd 4:30 rear end, how do the final drive on the auto tranny and the final drive on the 5 speed r-154 compare?

·
GT40 1.5JZ
1,210 Posts
scottie....what kind of tranmission do you have???

I'm running 3.91's on mj jz, and at 80mph, I'm around 3500rpm. To my understanding, 4.30's will put your car at 4k rpm when cruising at 80mph. I like the 3.91's, as I like playing on the freeways. Street-wise, I think it's good too. I just figure, with more rwhp, you'll want more gear to play with, rather than shifting too much too fast...

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
4.30 rear end = lots of wheel spin!

I used to have it in my car, but it sucks on the freeway. Very fun to drive on the streets IMO. You can peel out all the way to third gear; 3.73 rear end will only allow me to chirp on 2nd.

I'm running stock boost though. lol.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts