Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have a 4" straight pipe on my current car and I need to find a muffler soon for the car. I am having trouble finding mufflers online that come with a 4" inlet. Could you all please post a few names or website that may sell 4" inlet mufflers?

I'm looking for something to quiet the exhaust down a bit. I have heard good things about the burns mufflers but I'm not sure how loud they are.

Thanks for any help,
Rick

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And I have a basic question and feel dumb for asking but,

is running a silencer on all the time bad for the car? Even at idle or cruising around town? Assuming I'm not going WOT with it in there...

·
Registered
9,610 Posts
I have an aeroturbine 4" in and 4" out that I will sell cheap. I paid $250 for it, its brand new....I have no use for it $100+shipping and its yours.

Jason

·
Registered
313 Posts
I had this on my Supra at one point.

If I remember correctly, these were actually made for diesel trucks. The tone from the muffler was very deep and sounded excellent. I am not the hugest fan of the way they look, but when I was looking, besides Burn's, there wasn't too much of a selection out there.

I have an aeroturbine 4" in and 4" out that I will sell cheap. I paid $250 for it, its brand new....I have no use for it $100+shipping and its yours.

Jason

·
Registered
731 Posts
Thank you all. I think the best bet would be the burns. Cant go wrong with them. A bit pricey compared to the rest, but a proven product for sound quality and performance.

I'm emailing them right now to see if it comes with a silencer.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My bad! My buddy nareg was signed in on my other computer. His post was actually my post above this post.

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
That Aero Turbine muffler is the gayest muffler I have ever seen. Looks like a big ribbed dildo. :hay:

·
Impeller Head
2,832 Posts
I have a 4" burns muffler on 4 " DP and all the way. It is loud. But is beautifully loud:)
Neighbors and cops don't think so. I've gotten a couple tickets for modified/loud exhaust here in WA. I now run a 4" diesel Cat with it, Can't throw flames out the tailpipe anymore when two-stepping. It quieted it down a tad. But I'm sure power is down a little, too. I'd like to find out more about their new version mufflers that are supposedly "quieter."

~Ron

·
Impeller Head
2,832 Posts
Hey how much quieter with that 4" desiel cat..........ive heard mixed reviews running a desiel cat on gas so im really curious......
It is enough that I haven't gotten pulled over again so far :) and it is more liveable on long drives now. It is the metal matrix one and I was told it didn't matter what engine I use it for. :dunno: HTH.

Edit, It might not be a "diesel" cat afterall. It is this one: 151-40000- 4" inlet/outlet from random tech. Somehow I thought it was diesel cause when I first searched for them, all I got were for diesel applications. I'm pretty sure I got the Random tech.

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
I found a video on YouTube last night of a green MKIV running a 67mm turbo and 4" downpipe/4" Burns muffler system. Just a video of him revving while parked. The exhaust note was SEX. :yum: It didn't have any of the shitty raspy cackle when lifting off the throttle. Very nice tone!

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
I found a video on YouTube last night of a green MKIV running a 67mm turbo and 4" downpipe/4" Burns muffler system. Just a video of him revving while parked. The exhaust note was SEX. :yum: It didn't have any of the shitty raspy cackle when lifting off the throttle. Very nice tone!
Think you are referring to JTS2001's supra... he made that video to see if it was louder than my car :kekegay:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts