Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know why im having difficulty installing my new Greddy 4 row fmic, the problem is that the 2 black brackets supplied for the top do not line up properly and also there is a gap, ive tried to use a couple of washers supplied in the kit to fill up the gap but once one bracket on one side is installed, the other side doesnt line up. Ive owned two 3 rows and never ever had a problem with the install.
yes ive done a search also. Can someone post a pic of the top section of thier FMIC so i can see how the brackets are installed?.. any ideas.. :scratch:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
supra400hptt said:
thank you very much. just a couple of questions,
Do you have a close up front shot of the FMIC so i can see the side view of the brackets? Also did you have to use spacers between the upper black brackets and the rad support? Did you have to modify the brackets at all?

thanks.
 

·
T88 YOU
Joined
·
3,567 Posts
no, you need to lift the intercooler up to mount those brackets, then put in the bottom 2 bolts and lastly the center bolt up top.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,122 Posts
I don't remember using any spacers or modifying the brackets. My problem was just figuring out how to position the brackets. It came with 3 row instuctions instead of 4 row.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
Ctwins I am not trying to hijack your thread, I just have a very genereal question to everyone. Why do you have to remove head lights when installing 3 Row or 4 Row FMIC?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Vitek said:
Ctwins I am not trying to hijack your thread, I just have a very genereal question to everyone. Why do you have to remove head lights when installing 3 Row or 4 Row FMIC?

Thanks
yes because the front bumper has to come off, so the headlights have to be removed.





SupraDupaFlyBoy said:
no, you need to lift the intercooler up to mount those brackets, then put in the bottom 2 bolts and lastly the center bolt up top.
i see. So the sequence is: install 2 bolts on top of the front mount first, then the two bottom bolts, and the center bolt last.
I did the 2 bottom ones first, not sure why that made a difference..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
supra400hptt said:

Thank you for the pictures. much appreciate it.
There are 2 holes in the center where you mount the middle bolt, did you use the lower hole in the center or the upper hole? Ive always used the upper one for my 3 row installs.
 

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
Joined
·
3,487 Posts
I didn't have to take my bumper off at all. I just slipped the 4-row underneath the car with the box still on (so it wouldn't get scratched) and lined it up.

Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,913 Posts
For you 4-row guys, What's the minimum amount you can cut the bottom plastic undertray with the 4-row? With the 3-row I used a heat gun and re-shaped the undertray so I wouldn't have to cut big holes out in it like the GReddy instructions said. I wanted to maintain the effective ducting that the undertray provides. Now I'm thinking about switching to a 4-row, and wondering if I can retain the undertray without butchering it up.
 

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
Joined
·
3,487 Posts
If by undertray you mean the undercarriage, I don't remember having to cut it either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LLCoolJ94 said:
I didn't have to take my bumper off at all. I just slipped the 4-row underneath the car with the box still on (so it wouldn't get scratched) and lined it up.

Joe

Did you install the two top bolts first, then two lower bolts and lastly the middle one? Im not sure why the sequence matters if everything is suppose to line up...
 
G

·
Kit comes with all the "L" and "S" shaped brackets you need. It does take some fiddling to move into the right position. I installed it myself, with no help, but if you have someone helpoing you it will go in right away. I didnt have to remove the lights, nor modify the undertray. You might have to if using the stock bumper tho.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Notorious 2JZ said:
Kit comes with all the "L" and "S" shaped brackets you need. It does take some fiddling to move into the right position. I installed it myself, with no help, but if you have someone helpoing you it will go in right away. I didnt have to remove the lights, nor modify the undertray. You might have to if using the stock bumper tho.
correct, the 2 black "S" shaped brackets are to mount the top of the FMIC, the other brackets are to mount the power steering cooling line and hold the coolant overflow bottle. does anyone have more close up front shots of the upper brackets installed??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,913 Posts
LLCoolJ94 said:
If by undertray you mean the undercarriage, I don't remember having to cut it either.
I'm talking about the plastic tray that bolts to the front bumper cover seals off the area directly under the intercooler and radiator. I see a lot of cars with FMICs that don't even have the tray (bad idea).
 

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
Joined
·
3,487 Posts
Boost Junkie said:
I'm talking about the plastic tray that bolts to the front bumper cover seals off the area directly under the intercooler and radiator. I see a lot of cars with FMICs that don't even have the tray (bad idea).
Why is that a bad idea? I see a lot of guys run that way too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Boost Junkie said:
I'm talking about the plastic tray that bolts to the front bumper cover seals off the area directly under the intercooler and radiator. I see a lot of cars with FMICs that don't even have the tray (bad idea).
Its not a bad idea. mine is the same. usually the lower inside front bumper lip is trimmed to meet the FMIC, which directs the air through the intercooler. I believe the upper rad plate/s refers to what you are thinking of.
but we are getting off topic.. Doesnt anyone have more 4 row install pics?
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top