Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
"Granite"
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around and I've found some threads but no videos or sound clips, I wanted to hear a MKIV with 4" straight pipe from the down pipe back, no muffler, not CAT, just straight pipe, anybody got vids or sound clips?

·
Ex-hardtopper
1,920 Posts
wow...that sounds horrible

·
"Granite"
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IMO i dont like straight pipe unless your have 280+ cams then it sounds siickkk!!
Well when I start rebuilding my head those are on the list, but I don't wanna pay for an exhaust, only to have to buy another one cause I didn't plan ahead

·
"Granite"
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
381 Posts
Well when I start rebuilding my head those are on the list, but I don't wanna pay for an exhaust, only to have to buy another one cause I didn't plan ahead
yea well i wouldnt worry about it then...i have 5" straight pipe with 294cams it sounds crazy sick!!

·
Super Moderator
4,432 Posts
Straight pipe with no muffler of any sort is just too loud IMO. Plus the Drone at highway speeds with windows up is deafening( and not in a good way).
And if you go 5", be warned you will have ZERO ground clearance. So if you actually plan on or drive the car anywhere do not do 5" all the way back.

·
"Granite"
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Honstly after listening to the videos, it sounds nice at idle, but getting on it dosnt really maintain that supra sound to me, guess you gotta hear it I'n person

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Honstly after listening to the videos, it sounds nice at idle, but getting on it dosnt really maintain that supra sound to me, guess you gotta hear it I'n person
Yeah you do. It sounds INSANE in person. I wish I had a video of a drive by. Look up some of AGM's videos, same basic exhaust set up as mine, sound is just nuts.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
i have a straight 4" and i get no drone on the highway, cruising its very quiet but when your in boost its like the gates of hell opening, and at idle i wouldn't say its any louder than the blitz nur spec i have.

·
Im A Fuking Ninja!!!
4,587 Posts
Its to loud and drwoing IMO. If you must do it then get oval pipes, that will still get you the 4in or 5in your looking for but with the clearance you need. IMO the Apex-I GT spec with 3.75 piping is more that enough for any supra under 800rwhp. Hell I would do the Apex-i with a 3inch exhaust cutout in the mid pipe and call it a day, quiet yet still flow enough for high HP.

·
"Granite"
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
But ats my point, I'm actually building to 900+ whp, or that's my goal, I'm just doing my research, and I don't wanna end up having to buy another exhaust set up right after buying the first one if it's not up to par, catch my drift?

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
yea well i wouldnt worry about it then...i have 5" straight pipe with 294cams it sounds crazy sick!!
video or sound clip?

Straight pipe with no muffler of any sort is just too loud IMO. Plus the Drone at highway speeds with windows up is deafening( and not in a good way).
And if you go 5", be warned you will have ZERO ground clearance. So if you actually plan on or drive the car anywhere do not do 5" all the way back.
agreed on ALL points (for once, ha). for anything larger than 4" for a street driven car, you really need to look into oval piping to maintain SOME ground clearance.

i have a straight 4" and i get no drone on the highway, cruising its very quiet...
get your ears checked bro. :) or take a ride in sup with a 3" turbo back exhaust. you are the ONLY person i've ever heard describe a sup with a 4" exhaust as "quiet" and withOUT drone. my setup is 4" turbo back and drones noticeably even with an Apexi gt spec exhaust. it is worse when i run the 4" Burns Stainless catback, but even the Apexi loud and drones.

craig

1 - 20 of 57 Posts