Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I dont know if this link works or not. I tried to upload a video we made this evening. I was horsing around with the car tonight. We decided to record a pull. Unfortunately the camera doesn't pick up the speedometer needle very well. It is a 40-140mph pull, starting in 3rd gear and pulling through 4th. I wanted guys to see how fast the turbo comes online now. My rpms when I started the pull were about 2800-2900.

If you max the screen, you will see the needle sweep past numbers, but you can't really see it per say. We might try it again tomorrow on night shot to see.

Settings... Well it's my current setup. In this pull I am running 93 octane and I'm running wastegate only. The boost is just cracking into the 15's.

The car pulls like it might be pushing mid 400's right now at 15psi. I need to install cams since I am running stock ones right now. Can you imagine what will happen with C16 and 26-28 psi? I'm pretty interested to find out!

Anyhow, let me know if the link works. If it does not, will someone host it for me?

Thanks!

Chris

TRY IT NOW....

Click here to see Video

EDIT

Here is another vid clip I shot during the day. This was just revving the motor... Don't worry about the smoke... I flooded the engine earlier messing around with something and it was still blowing out fuel.

Click here to see Video

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
video doesnt work for me. says video is optimized check back in a few minutes.

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Send it my way, I'll host it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
So when you turning the boost up?

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
!! Nice.

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1EVIL-JZX90 said:
So when you turning the boost up?

I need something a little hotter than pump gas to do it. My compression is too high to chance going much past 15

·
Registered
427 Posts
water injection an option? I know that's what I had to do to my 13B to get the EGT's low(er).

Your running a 1.5JZ right hams? What head gasket are you using?

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1JZ headgasket. I'm going to run C16, just haven't had a chance to get any yet. I am out of town during the week and this was my first weekend to have a chance to mess with it. It hadn't run in a month prior to tonight.

- Chris

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
2jzMK3 said:
what compression are you running?
Well I am running 9.0:1 compression pistons. Add on the shaved head and smaller chamber of the 1JZ, I think it might be somewhere in the 9.2 range, but I don't know for sure.

·
evil will always triumph
2,226 Posts
sweet run :D

·
Premium Member
2,275 Posts
Very sexy ham!!!

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,263 Posts
awesome, sound great!!

definatlly not raspy like the 1jz used to sound....

kinda fuel you have chris?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts