Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of an accurate 40 psi (or 3 bar) boost gauge?

The only one I see is the Stewart Warner 30 in/40 psi gauge. I ordered one, but the needle is not even zero'ed out, reading 1 in below zero, wtf! I am sending it back, but have not decided if I will exchange it for a good one or not.

A lot of these boost gauges are junk. A buddy has the SW 0-40 psi gauge, and he said it read the same as his AEM at first, but now it is 4 psi off at 38 psi! I also have heard bad things about Autometer - which makes a 0-60 psi gauge.

I dont have AEM or a way to datalog the boost, so I need a gauge!

Thanks,
Al

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
depends on what type of meter

mechanical will probably deviate after a while

electronic boost gauge (whihc is what the autometer nexus is) are pretty accurate through out the entire span.

0-60 psi boost guages... man not alot of those out.

·
Kwan Jul Sul Freak
928 Posts
Autometer makes 30psi and 35psi gauges. They also make 45psi vac/boost. I use Autometer Ultralites and they are spot on with what my Toyota ECU says as well as my Greddy Pressure sensor(s). Along the same lines, the gauge on my Profec E-01 reads that high.

Good selection of gauges here: http://www.egauges.com/default.asp

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
mechanicals as expected are so so at that level.
My Greddy only reads to 2 bar,, but my AVCR logs to 3bar. So above 2 Bar level I just go back and look at the peak recorded on the AVCR

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Google some diesel truck boost gauges - I've seen 40 ad 60 psi gauges.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Dakota Digital has some very nice guages. Their odyssey series II are very nice. I have their 3-in 1 guage that has boost, EGT, and water temp, the boost guage in the 3-1 goes upto 80psi. They also have a single stand alone boost guageII that reads accurate to 0.2psi upto 100psi. They have solid state sending units. I saw these initially in Bradman's car and fell in love with them. When you turn off the car, they completely disappear.
http://www.dakotadigital.com/index....tegory_id=262/home_id=59/mode=prod/prd335.htm

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,783 Posts
Al, I have a 100psi digital boost/egt gauge forsale man! :) Spa Technique, I'll hook you up ;)

Jay

·
1100+rwhp member
1,728 Posts
I have a stuart warner gauge and it works perfect

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
alpha6164 said:
Dakota Digital has some very nice guages. Their odyssey series II are very nice. I have their 3-in 1 guage that has boost, EGT, and water temp, the boost guage in the 3-1 goes upto 80psi. They also have a single stand alone boost guageII that reads accurate to 0.2psi upto 100psi. They have solid state sending units. I saw these initially in Bradman's car and fell in love with them. When you turn off the car, they completely disappear.
http://www.dakotadigital.com/index....tegory_id=262/home_id=59/mode=prod/prd335.htm
Really nice but does it show vaccuum?

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
I'm confused. You are going to run 40 pounds of boost without a way to datalog? You'll be using the stock ecu then? What piggyback is going to provide fuel correction up to 3 bar?

As far as boost guages, I have a fuel pressure guage for a boost guage. I could care less about vacuum though.

·
Banned
397 Posts
Why not just use a regular digital pressure gauge? They have ones available that will read up to 5000 psi. They are expensive the higher range and more precise you go, but they will work for your application.

Below is an example of a pressure gauge that you could use. It may not be the right one, but gives you an idea of what's available.

http://www.isotechna.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=18084

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
^^ damn that's expensive

i seen some people use boost gauges from a blower.

Some read 0-60psi

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
My buddies Cobra is off like 4 psi and he is running an automter. It makes you wonder how much boost is really hitting my engine.

Staats

1 - 20 of 41 Posts