Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Boost Withdraws
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sorry if this is a repost i couldnt find anywhere on the forum for it..
anyways quick question for all you bright minded supra drivers :)
I have a STOCK mkIV TT 6spd supra with only 31k miles (never really raced).
im planing on bpus
-HKS BOV
-Greddy Profec Boost controller
-HKS Downpipe
-HKS Super Dragger muffler for turbo applications with a full 3inch straight exhaust
and
-Apexi intake

Im getting a dyno tune and expecting 400-450rwhp @ 17psi

1:) is it even possible with a tune and @ that psi? if not what psi should i be pushing
and
2:) can the stock clutch / flywheel and internals handle it? @ that hp and boost?

i wont have an intercooler put in on this visit
(im coming home from afghanistan for leave and this is just to a little kick out of the car)

I know this is a squid question, but i dont want to hurt my baby :):freak:
i plan on taking it to the tracks after this is done... so i guess keep that in mind
Thank you in advance!

· Highway Demon
4,778 Posts
^^^^
Is correct about the clutch I would say it is possible to hit 400whp at 18psi but there are a lot of factors that come into play. Like condition of the turbos the engine and so fourth. Do not forget that you will need a bcc so that you do not hit boost cut and with that said I do not see how or what you will tune your car with. Setting the boost is one thing and you do not need a dyno for that. Unless you have a piggyback fuel management of some type you have nothing to tune. Hope that helps.

· Boost Withdraws
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
using wide band i guess to tune it?
its just to change the fuel system hp range etc...
turbos and everything where kept in GREAT condition, the previous owner garaged it most of its life. with turbo timers and driving it around to get the juices flowing so to speak

I dont know anything about tuning, my mechanic is doing everything, just figure i get some information so i sound smart when hes doing it =P

i gotta get the ecu tuned for the full straight exhaust and downpipe? @ least that was for my 4 banger.. i had to get the ecu re turned when i did the header and DP

· Game Over
1,767 Posts
Hmm, like Brian mentioned, you might wanna include a BCC in there to touch 17psi. I felt a pretty good difference after getting my Max airbox to work with the Apexi. The car must be real healthy so it'd probably wont take much to touch 400s, but if anything, I'd probably expect those numbers if you were to have a fmic, cams and something to tune with. But damn, 31k miles? I'd keep it stock actually, its a beautiful car

· Boost Withdraws
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
boost controller -greddy profec b
thats the boost controller i bought.. BCC is a seperate piece?

· Boost Withdraws
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
alright ill see about hooking up a fmic to the stock turbos
am i missing anything else?
besides the clutch / flywheel ={

and what are some good fmic?
i dont want to go too over board since im going buy a full kit in the next year
this small bpu/tuning is so i can have a little fun with the car while im home on leave =P

· Registered
1,669 Posts
I have the greddy 3 row and love the quality of it, and it can support a good amount of power i think around 800hp.

· Registered
139 Posts
i guess the power depends on your dyno..

If your numbers are around a healthy number i wouldn't be too concerned about a certain number at bpu.

Just dont be surprised if you aren't hitting the same numbers as the highest on the forums because a lot of supras are in the high 300s with those mods and are perfectly fine.

I assume you will be running race gas because no way on 93 imo will you make those numbers.

· Boost Withdraws
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no this will be on pump
i figured a tune for a supra would be easier to obtain those #s
like it was for my chevy.. a tune would help my chevy up by close to 80whp

· DJ/Producer
2,835 Posts
i made 459rwhp/511rwtq on pump at around 18-20psi range with only bpu plus twin walbros and fmic with hks bov

· 2JZ NA-T
7,624 Posts
i agree with the dyno comment...... its all about the dyno. if you want your sheet to read 450 rwhp @ 17 psi, just let your tuner know ;) atleast thats what my tuner told me when i came about 50hp shy of what i expected. he said "if you want the dyno sheet to read 500rwhp, i can do it, but that engine only puts out 450 just so you know" and he smiled. lol i never forgot that.

just thought id share :)

· Boost Withdraws
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i agree with the dyno comment...... its all about the dyno. if you want your sheet to read 450 rwhp @ 17 psi, just let your tuner know ;) atleast thats what my tuner told me when i came about 50hp shy of what i expected. he said "if you want the dyno sheet to read 500rwhp, i can do it, but that engine only puts out 450 just so you know" and he smiled. lol i never forgot that.

just thought id share :)
lol thanks everyone

· Silent
2,839 Posts
alright ill see about hooking up a fmic to the stock turbos
am i missing anything else?
besides the clutch / flywheel ={

and what are some good fmic?
i dont want to go too over board since im going buy a full kit in the next year
this small bpu/tuning is so i can have a little fun with the car while im home on leave =P
I will warn you ahead of time if you do the flywheel, think long and hard about a lightweight one. See the multitude of threads on it. They are loud.

· Boost Withdraws
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I will warn you ahead of time if you do the flywheel, think long and hard about a lightweight one. See the multitude of threads on it. They are loud.
oh i will. clutch/flywheel and pump are the next to go

this is just a temp while im home on leave :)
than BACK to boring ass afghanistan :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.