Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys...you may be interested in this article....its in characters right now tho. i think it was supposed to be japanese..but the translaters wont transfer it to our computer...but i fyou want to try this...go to mkiv.com and look down on the main page...there should be a link like view jap webpages in english. go to that link and try and translate that page to english. i havnt tried yet so i dont know if this will work , but the link is ...
http://members.tripod.com/huntingtest_2/modify/st-990522-2.html

OK NEVERMIND I JUST TRIED IT AND I GUESS ITS ENCRYPTED OR SOMTHING...anyway...maybe the pictures on it will help a few out.

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
That's the pic I've mentioned in previous posts. You can also see it @ www.socalsupras.com. TomsonCharm told me about it last June.:D
Yep it looks like the turbo head (distributorless), but I'll bet theres more than 8:1 compression to get 400 hp. Check out those headers too! :D I saw a similar set on a member's car @ www.txmkiv.com;) I think we can do 300 hp/260-270tqe on an n/a though. I bet it'll use as much gas as a turbo! If it can be done for 4-5k, then compares to turbo kits otherwise you must really like a challenge or be dead ste on a particular race classification.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a ge engine..

its not a gte engine...its the ge...but slightly changed. its a 98 na engine w/out the vvti or something..but thats just what has been told to me...i cant say for sure cuz the page isnt readable

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
I think those headers in the pic are stock for the 97-98 model not sure though. also i might be able to get headers for are cars for about 500 but you will see a 16horsepower gain on a stock car/
the ones i am trying to do a group buy are 6into2-into 1 with a resonator but no cat .
Let me know Thanks

R

·
0 Posts
That would be great Xdreamer. Us NA guys are looking to get anything out of our car's. I think with some cam gears, pulleys, intake, exhaust, and now these headers, with some tuning we could have a good looking powerplant.

J

·
0 Posts
rw3 said:
That would be great Xdreamer. Us NA guys are looking to get anything out of our car's. I think with some cam gears, pulleys, intake, exhaust, and now these headers, with some tuning we could have a good looking powerplant.
Ok, but why do all that when an F-max turbo kit looks so much easier. Its what I'm planning to do.
I'm new so please forgive my ignorance

While I'm here, why doesn't NA get any more respect. There's 6000 of us and 6000 of them. We all wear the same badge.

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
Jack Merchant said:

While I'm here, why doesn't NA get any more respect. There's 6000 of us and 6000 of them. We all wear the same badge.
i guess it's because we aren't as fast as them... i don't see any other plausible reason.

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
wheres not as fat yet? Yet being the keyword

heres how we can beat you damn turboo's lol if i had the etra money i would have went wuth a TT but i didnt so i have to beat most of you out at the track and street in my worked n/a which will be done in about2-3 months with a power to weight ratio to challenege alot of you big dogs. :)

here's a way to beat most bpu supra's as weight removal are the key plus the costly upgrades. yes it might cost nmore then utbring you car into a single turbo but im going for all natural class

i had has twin turbo 300zx running 16-17lbs boost with 440 horsepower to the wheels and coule do over 180mph and low 4's 0-60 on street tires no joke it was to easy to make it fast compared to re-enigineeering a n/a engine or adding nos.

If wasnt set on a n/a i would do a single turbo its the most effective cheaeper upgrade then what im doing.

Performance Chip:
The most basic upgrade. Altering the Engine Management Program
settings allows you to boost power by adjusting engine ignition timing,
the air/fuel ratio, and other variables. For turbocharged vehicles, the
air filter and muffler are also replaced, for a beginner's-level
upgrade.

Full-Engine Balancing:
An extensive upgrade that includes piston and connecting rod weight
balancing, and a precision-balanced crankshaft. Reduces vibration and
bearing loads, and allows higher engine speeds. The rev limiter is
reset to take advantage of this.

Port and Polish:
Polishes the interior of the intake ports, reducing air-flow
resistance boosts engine power by what may seem a low degree, but is
essential for normally aspirated and supercharged engines alike.

NA Tune-up:
- STAGE 1
Boosts the power of non-supercharged engines by adjusting the
ignition and valve timing and by installing thinner head gaskets for
a higher compression ratio. The exhaust manifold is also replaced.
Peak power is enhanced without affecting low-rpm torque.

- STAGE 2
Picks up where Stage 1 leaves off. Not only raises the compression
ratio even further with high-compression pistons and head polishing,
but also boots high-rpm output by replacing the cams, mounting
reinforced valve springs, and Port and Polish. Although low-speed
torque is diminished somewhat, the emphasis here is on boosting
high-rpm power. The Engine Management Computer is also reset
according to your vehicle specs.

- STAGE 3
Following up on Stage 2 enhancements, this upgrade completely
overhauls the engine to enhance high-rpm performance. Higher-
compression pistons, special high-lift racing cams with a large
amount of valve overlap, heavy-duty competition valve sprins and
connection rods, and engine block strengthening are all part of the
package. The power band is shifted to the medium to high range to
boost maximum horsepower.

J

·
0 Posts
*wishlist*supraTT said:

i guess it's because we aren't as fast as them... i don't see any other plausible reason.

Ok. Not all of us need an 800hp car (I'll probably be called a puss for this). My stock NA has already earned me a trip to the courthouse.

I have the money for the TT but I chose an NA with the thought of upgrading to get to TT stock level. Of course I got the same rude awakening that half of NA buyers probably get. I just can't believe there are not more bolt on options for the 2JZGE being that there are alot more of them out there than GTE's. It's a simple matter of business economics.

Nuff said

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
:arcade: :wtf: Are you really gonna do all that?
C'mon, a well thought out rebuild maybe, but some of that shit is just plain redundant!

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
i got part of this list off gran turismo 3 no joke. but it gives yu a idea of the work needed to get as silly fast supra n/a. and for as doing all this im doing about 2/3rds of it. im not making it to drive
racing around the streets like a idiot i take this car out only on the weekends. its not worth get chance or loses my liscence my car or get a stupiid speeding ticket. and as for your n/a getin you enough tickets maybe you shouldnt have such a heavy foot.
if you have a heavy foot wait till you get a tt.
good luck not speeding. . Save it for the track or the right time. not pointless speeding, street racing, aand what not. its not worht the hassle. I will run sometimes on a parkways but thats it. i do that rarely but thats the only place i would maybe play a little . a fast car is more then a toy sometimes it becomes your life.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts