Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to start my 1jz swap. I am looking for close to 400whp. turbo will be holset hx-35. fuel pump will most likely be walbro 255 for teh time being. What kind of fuel setup should i get??

sard drop-ins w/ aeromotive afpr

driftmotion fuel rail with precision/other top feed injectors w/ aeromotive fpr??

cost and simple installation are the 2 biggest factors

·
Registered
278 Posts
you can get 400whp all day long with the walbro and jdm supra 440cc inj get an safc to tune with and your set!!

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I am about to start my 1jz swap. I am looking for close to 400whp. turbo will be holset hx-35. fuel pump will most likely be walbro 255 for teh time being. What kind of fuel setup should i get??

sard drop-ins w/ aeromotive afpr

driftmotion fuel rail with precision/other top feed injectors w/ aeromotive fpr??

cost and simple installation are the 2 biggest factors

Stay away from walbro pumps.... They don't like supras lol...
Here is a link to a thread i made a few weeks ago... http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=530773

·
2Fast4U
1,066 Posts
IMO running 400+ hp on 440cc injectors is like poking a nail in your eyes. Do it properly, you never want to run your injectors more than 80% duty cycle unless you like swapping bottom end all the time.

If you want to run 400+ get bigger injectors like 540cc or higher. This way it is safe.

·
2Fast4U
1,066 Posts
FWIW I dynoed my car with this setup after more tuning with the SAFC and adjusting the FPR and ran 385rwhp @ 17psi but my AFR got leaned closer to the red zone and my tuner said back it down. He asked me though if I want to hit 400+ and I said, no thank you. Time for bigger injectors. :)

·
Grumpy Old Man
4,210 Posts
Stay away from walbro pumps.... They don't like supras lol...
Here is a link to a thread i made a few weeks ago... http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=530773
Something to keep in mind though is most Denso's have an internal pressure relief so start bypassing at 60 Psi...

You ask "how does that affect me?"

40psi base pressure + 20 psi boost will put you into the bypass zone, not sure how much it will affect flow but your Injectors will be seeing less pressure the higher you go as it's no longer a 1:1 increase with boost.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Something to keep in mind though is most Denso's have an internal pressure relief so start bypassing at 60 Psi...

You ask "how does that affect me?"

40psi base pressure + 20 psi boost will put you into the bypass zone, not sure how much it will affect flow but your Injectors will be seeing less pressure the higher you go as it's no longer a 1:1 increase with boost.
I wonder if the Denso for the TT supra has that? I seen alot of MKIVs make 500hp on this pump....

·
slow.
1,016 Posts
+1 for Walbro. I've ran these in about 20 cars over the years with only one going bad and it died over the winter - not while driving or anything. Ive also ran cars well over 500rwhp on the walbro 255. My guess as to the reason these pumps are failing in supras is because people are using the factory brittle OLD wiring and burning them up. You'll burn any DC motor if you don't give it good clean pwr and gnd.

Anyways, I recommend 550's and a walbro and call it a day.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
+1 for Walbro. I've ran these in about 20 cars over the years with only one going bad and it died over the winter - not while driving or anything. Ive also ran cars well over 500rwhp on the walbro 255. My guess as to the reason these pumps are failing in supras is because people are using the factory brittle OLD wiring and burning them up. You'll burn any DC motor if you don't give it good clean pwr and gnd.

Anyways, I recommend 550's and a walbro and call it a day.

My 92 is rust free & the wiring is immaculate, Now explain how they fail on MKIVs???

·
slow.
1,016 Posts
My 92 is rust free & the wiring is immaculate, Now explain how they fail on MKIVs???
There is NOTHING special about supras. I can assure you it is with the tank ground setup or the power wire to the pump. It's quite simple. If there is too much resistance in the wiring to the pump i.e, wire gauge too small or a poor ground, you WILL eventually burn up a pump. I've ran them in 4 supras and never had an issue.

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
This is true^^^

More resistance through a wire causes higher amp draw. Higher amps = higher temps in the electrical motor. Higher heat causes premature failure. We deal with this exact problem with the seadoo jetskis. Except with them the wires corrode due to all of the water + the disimilar metals going from wire to terminal to battery. The corrosion causes resistance, higher am draw, and electrical failure.

I plan on doing the HD wire mod to the fuel pump in my car.

BTW I made 520whp using the walbro 255 and it's been in my car for 3 years now.

·
slow.
1,016 Posts
This is true^^^

More resistance through a wire causes higher amp draw. Higher amps = higher temps in the electrical motor. Higher heat causes premature failure. We deal with this exact problem with the seadoo jetskis. Except with them the wires corrode due to all of the water + the disimilar metals going from wire to terminal to battery. The corrosion causes resistance, higher am draw, and electrical failure.

I plan on doing the HD wire mod to the fuel pump in my car.

BTW I made 520whp using the walbro 255 and it's been in my car for 3 years now.
werd.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts