Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this has probably been beat into the ground...but im asking it again....my goal is to make 400rwhp.....i was planning on a modified ct26 but that seems to be asking ALOT of the ct.......what turbo would be best suited for this application?

·
Project:: Reaper
1,401 Posts
upgraded CT could do it....but it would be higher boost levels

i know my bolt on T-Netics 60-1 was close to 400whp on 16-18 psi.

a 61mm should be plenty to net you 400

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
jt61gt nuff said

·
Project:: Reaper
1,401 Posts
i wouldn't truet the stock motor to that

i ran a tnetics 60-1 bolt on on the stock internals and i was keeping up with my buddy 109mph 1J car on the highway he put down i think 360 whp and i was right with him so i was right there too

it held up fine but anything over 400 whp i'd rebuild

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
i wouldn't truet the stock motor to that

i ran a tnetics 60-1 bolt on on the stock internals and i was keeping up with my buddy 109mph 1J car on the highway he put down i think 360 whp and i was right with him so i was right there too

it held up fine but anything over 400 whp i'd rebuild
cressida made 400 anda little more with an upgraded ct26, 60-1 with 10degree clip on exhaust side for a higher output in higher rpm ranges.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i made 400.74 with a 60-1, i motor will hold that np, 500whp is pushing the limits of the 7m anything 450ish to be safe 425whp and down should be all good for the 7m on the metal HG and bolts.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
i made 400.74 with a 60-1, i motor will hold that np, 500whp is pushing the limits of the 7m anything 450ish to be safe 425whp and down should be all good for the 7m on the metal HG and bolts.
on contraire (sp?), depends on how well you built it up to handle that power, will neely put down 724 i believe on the 7m, and ive seen a race 7m that had over 1000. not in a mkiii which was sad. all depends on the work you do and how much you want to run it.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
good motor, good tune, possibilities are endless.

Get a good sized turbo, 61-67 in a p trim.
Should be able to net you the power, and have extra room to play around with if you want more.

·
Grumpy Old Man
4,210 Posts
good motor, good tune, possibilities are endless.

Get a good sized turbo, 61-67 in a p trim.
Should be able to net you the power, and have extra room to play around with if you want more.
Seconded!

It's nice to have some overhead so you're NOT running the turbo flat out to make your 400rwhp with the reliability issues this brings on a modded CT.

·
Registered
302 Posts
shouldn't a 60-1 ct-26 handle 400rwhp easily? judging by the flow charts it seems possible to even push upwards of 500rwhp. i may be wrong tho.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
shouldn't a 60-1 ct-26 handle 400rwhp easily? judging by the flow charts it seems possible to even push upwards of 500rwhp. i may be wrong tho.
It may be possible, but the shaft isn't meant to handle a wheel of that size at those speeds for that long. The CT will probably do it but for how long?

My favorite setup i had of all the various turbos I had over the years was the TO4E. It was a 60-1 compressor w/ a .68 exhaust side. VERY fast spool and made 440rwhp with some good tuning. I ran it like that for over two years on the stock head and stock bottom end and had ZERO issues. It was when I got greedy and went for over 500 that problems started happening.

The stock motor will handle 400rwhp no problem. 500 is generally where people are pushing their luck, but 400-450rwhp is no issue if you have done your homework, done all the maintenance and care work, and have a good tune.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
will 550cc injectors support 400rwhp or do i have to go to 750?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Frankenstein 5 TD06-20g here....Should get the job done easily...

Mo

·
Registered
59 Posts
on contraire (sp?), depends on how well you built it up to handle that power, will neely put down 724 i believe on the 7m, and ive seen a race 7m that had over 1000. not in a mkiii which was sad. all depends on the work you do and how much you want to run it.
i ment on stock internals

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
It will also depend on your driving style since many turbos can put out that power and more but spool times and such will be something to consider (or does that matter?) Don't rush your decision.

Duane

·
Registered
308 Posts
400whp? are we talking about complete stock block? its a 7m, 400whp should be pretty easy to get with anything better than a stock ct and the 550/lex afm combo + higher than stock boost right?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts