Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we went out last night and got some decent footage.

My car ran exactly as I expected. It was hard to keep up with them from a slower speed, but once we got up to 120+ I started reeling them in.

I think my limiter was set to 165-170 or so, cause it kept banging the limiter at around 5700 rpms.

the first gixer I raced was an 02 with exhuast and some type of programmer for fuel, and he's a kick ass rider.

The other gixer was a stock 05. He was decent at riding, but I think it would have been a little closer if my other friend had been driving.

Im definately confident I could go 190-200 in my car if given enough space and my limiter was removed, cause it started pulling HARD up top, just hard to keep up with those liter bikes, lol.

In the fly by's I was going about 155, and my buddy was around 180 or so.

It was hard to tell where the camera was, so i couldnt floor it at the perfect time as we past the camera.

Honestly though, it wasnt too bad. This was only on pump gas, so on 101 oct it should be a different story.

Heres the video.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/30093B15-9E26-4B4E-AD9F-7DEB7455790B.htm

on a side note, i dont believe im making anywhere near the 845 rwhp i did in louisiana because of the shitty air and gas out here in az.

I gonna try to get it dynoed here soon so I have a clue what Im comparing it to.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
damn awesome man... fill her up with some race gas and go out and race him again (be sure to film it as well)... nice video!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya, for my sake, i hope i was around 650-700rwhp so when we get this bitch tuned Ill put him back where he belongs, behind me :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Where did you get the car tuned at that they wouldn't remove a speed limiter? I don't even know that that model/year of T/A had a speed limiter :)

Fast car, sounds great. In that last flyby it just sounds like a jet, awsome.

We are working on a 2000 T/A that has a single front mount turbo. Forged bottom end, don't think it's a 408 though :) We should be tuning it on Friday as its basically done. Have you had problems with overheating? This car still has AC and all that jazz so the radiator is basically sitting against the turbo, there is a turbo blanket on as well. There is two electric fans(very good ones) setup, one to push and one to pull. When you come off the highway the temp guage will be fine but then you start driving in town and it just all the sudden starts going up, this has happened several times, always in town though. We cut out the license plate area of the bumper and the intercooler is in there, so there is airflow, but the turbo just seems to make so much heat. Can't quite remember the specs on the turbo, I will say though that the inlet was big enough for me to make a fist and put it in and still have a little room on either side.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sp3aK said:
Where did you get the car tuned at that they wouldn't remove a speed limiter? I don't even know that that model/year of T/A had a speed limiter :)

Fast car, sounds great. In that last flyby it just sounds like a jet, awsome.

We are working on a 2000 T/A that has a single front mount turbo. Forged bottom end, don't think it's a 408 though :) We should be tuning it on Friday as its basically done. Have you had problems with overheating? This car still has AC and all that jazz so the radiator is basically sitting against the turbo, there is a turbo blanket on as well. There is two electric fans(very good ones) setup, one to push and one to pull. When you come off the highway the temp guage will be fine but then you start driving in town and it just all the sudden starts going up, this has happened several times, always in town though. We cut out the license plate area of the bumper and the intercooler is in there, so there is airflow, but the turbo just seems to make so much heat. Can't quite remember the specs on the turbo, I will say though that the inlet was big enough for me to make a fist and put it in and still have a little room on either side.
ya, actually I am having some overheating issues still. I dont have a turbo blanket and the turbo is 2 inches from the radiator, so im sure that has something to do with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts