Supra Forums banner

~422-426rwhp @ 1.00-1.03 kg/cm2 :T78

758 views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  HoustonSC300 
Code:
I came up w/ some solutions.. Stock intercooler got heat soaked b/c I ran the car for like 30-40 min. w/o shutting it down. Most back to back runs. Consistent 428 rwhp at least 4 times in a row.

You should never dyno your car with pump gas without sufficient airflow to keep the temps down. Your IC can not keep the car from detonating in a static environment. The engine block itself heats up from the combustion and causes knock because there isn't enough airflow to cool the internal hot spots in the block through heat transfer.

My guess is that all your dyno charts start out with a smooth line then as boost climbed the line got really jagged. The jagged part of the graph is the ECU trying to keep the car from detonating by changing the ignition timing.

I accidentally picked up the wrong gas can once and put in 94Octane instead of 104Octane. I dynoed at 294rwhp and 342rwtq. After noticing the jagged lines on the dyno I mixed 114Oct and got 367rwhp and 417rwtq. All runs at 16psi with filter, exhaust and 16psi. (Same day same dyno of course)

Always try to dyno with race gas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.