Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
86.5 Turbo
Joined
·
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the first one is at 15psi on 94 pump. the second graph is on about 105 oct mix of race/pump gas at 18psi. It was still really rich but when we tried for more power my clutch said no. as you can see as it hit 444rwtq on pull #20 when it went up in smoke.










I went to the track later on in the night and ran at 15psi. The track was just repaved and the track was very 'green' I would spin through 1st and a most of 2nd then go snakey through 3rd and 4th. When I turned the boost up more I got traction because my clutch was slipping like crazy. Best run at 15 psi, first graph, was:

60' 2.373
330 6.146
1/8 8.942
mph 88.41
1000 11.274
1/4 13.227
mph 113.99



Car weighed in at 3450 with me in it after I removed the passenger seat.

86.5 7mgte/r154
57 trim ct-26, BIC ddp, test pipe, greddy sp, k&n fipk, profec b1, yonaka intercooler with custom BIC hard pipes, lex/550, walbro, safcII, centerforce df clutch (2.5 years old), stock motor other then greddy 1.5mm hg with stock head bolts torqued down to 60ft.lbs . 4.3 lsd, type s bov, thats about all i can think of now.

I drove 400 km to the dyno and track, did 20 dyno pulls, 5 drag passes and drove home. It only took 1/2 a tank of gas for me to go 400km on the highway home btw.
 

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
Joined
·
2,396 Posts
damnnnn that is impressive... congratulations :D
 

·
Always playing catch up
Joined
·
1,632 Posts
niiceeeeee..... you are my hero! :bigthumb: (plan same trim so wanna see what i can get)

what kinda a/f's were you running? any kind of clip on the exaust side? btw true ddp or ddp that reconnects to the exaust? any kind of AFPR? (think thats right)

oh yea, random last q, does the 57 trim hold boost to redline?

either way, nice runs, now get some good tires, put your headlights down, and get into the 12's!

<l><l>
 

·
86.5 Turbo
Joined
·
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
snake eyes said:
niiceeeeee..... you are my hero! :bigthumb: (plan same trim so wanna see what i can get)

what kinda a/f's were you running? any kind of clip on the exaust side? btw true ddp or ddp that reconnects to the exaust? any kind of AFPR? (think thats right)

oh yea, random last q, does the 57 trim hold boost to redline?

either way, nice runs, now get some good tires, put your headlights down, and get into the 12's!

<l><l>
a/f's for the 432 run on race gas were rich, high 10s, low 11's rich. And on pump they had to take out some timming to prevent pinging. the only way was to add more fuel with the afc so my street tune is about 365rwhp with a 10.5 a/f, lol.
no clip on the turbo, reg ddp, stock fp. next time the track might be dry and Ill see what it'll do.
 

·
Savage Member
Joined
·
1,033 Posts
You were pinging @ 15 psi on a 57 trim upgrade on pump 94?

Wow...... anything else play a part in this? Looks like you have all supporting upgrades.

I still dont understand...

Anyone know what would cause pinging @ such low boost?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,877 Posts
Disced said:
You were pinging @ 15 psi on a 57 trim upgrade on pump 94?

Wow...... anything else play a part in this? Looks like you have all supporting upgrades.

I still dont understand...

Anyone know what would cause pinging @ such low boost?
Timing. He said he was running rich. Probably tried to pull fuel with his SAFC. That makes the ECU add timing.
 

·
Savage Member
Joined
·
1,033 Posts
Suprawill1 said:
Timing. He said he was running rich. Probably tried to pull fuel with his SAFC. That makes the ECU add timing.
So when pulling fuel w/ the safc the ECU adds timing... Sounds like the safc isn't the best tuning tool for our ECU then?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
582 Posts
it is up to a point. The ecu adds timing after you pull more than 25% fuel i believe. Someone correct me if im wrong.

Charlie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,727 Posts
nice numbers for sure.
60ftlbs on the headgasket.. holy shit, retorque that thing before you have to tear it apart.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
it advances the timing when you pull fuel because of the fact that you're telling the computer less air is coming in, so the computer tries to help compensate for not flowing the most air, it adds timing to help make more power.

im pretty sure this is what we came out with last time it was discussed.
 

·
Project:: Reaper
Joined
·
1,401 Posts
Thats badass. my car is down due to blown CT so i was gonna do an upgrade to 57 trim but i need a tv so im gonna do that first.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,247 Posts
i wanna see yah get that 1/4 mile time down some. if you can get traction and a clutch that isnt slipping, and drop that 60ft time down. youll be down in the 12s no problem. keep us updated
 

·
Always playing catch up
Joined
·
1,632 Posts
Disced said:
So when pulling fuel w/ the safc the ECU adds timing... Sounds like the safc isn't the best tuning tool for our ECU then?
no its fine, but you need a fuel pressure regulator so that your not drastically changing the amount you take out or add. That way the ecu wont pull timing

<l><l>
 

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
Joined
·
12,223 Posts
What kind of compression you running ?

Have you ever done a compression test?

Amazing numbers dude....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
Wow, great numbers for 18psi on a CT-26 upgrade! It would probably be 410-415 sae.

I'm guessing BTZ is running very high base timing already if he is pinging at 15psi. Maybe the tuner just adjusted the Cam postion sensor to reduce timing.
 

·
Eclectic
Joined
·
1,139 Posts
Hey Brent, I heard the good news from Randy.
Congrats man, those results are frikin awesome.
Sorry I punked out this weekend.
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Top