Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have already e-mailed Dusty about this thread and would like it to stay in this section of the forum because it's MKIV specific.

I am now fabbing 4in Stainless DP/MP's for RPS and Greddy single turbo kits! I have had a lot of requests to do it so I have a car here to do the fabbing on and I should have a Greddy manifold on the way to fab the 4in combo's for the Greddy header as well.

I reposted this to put Greddy and RPS in the subject title

Everyone who said they were in if I did this I need you guys to step up now and e-mail privately at [email protected]. I have the materials and car to do this now, I just need the commitment of a few to make it happen!

Pricing will be similar to what is already available but I will try and bring it down a bit if I can make some quantity in the first batches of each. The gates will have to vent to atmosphere to keep costs down. If I get enough requests and people are willing to pay extra I can route the gates back into the dp but that just requires more work for people to take the units on and off and will be more money. Up to everyone.

Please respond asap so I have an idea of how many people really are ready to do this so I can make it happen for everyone!

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I lost the info for the person with the Greddy header that was willing to send it out! Can you please e-mail me with your contact info? Thanks

·
411 HP GSXR / 203 HP Vrod
1,947 Posts
...I thought I might add that I recently purchased the 4" DP/MP from Ryan and I decided to apply exhaust wrap to the DP. I bought the 50' X 2" roll and after applying the wrap, all I had left to discard was 6" of wrap! The 50' roll seems to be perfect for this application... I'll post results of my performance gains in a few weeks... Sorry to sidetrack your thread Ryan, just trying to be helpful. Greddy users enjoy!

·
The new #1 Hardtopper
1,572 Posts
Slowpoke said:
Will this the BL header as well since it is a Greddy clone?
Yes! You would just have Ryan throw on whatever flange needed for your turbo. GReddy turbos require a 4-bolt flange while yours would need some sort of v-band flange.

Ryan,I was the one willing to send my GReddy header to help with fabrication. I will send you an email later today.

Brian

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
Brian, you'd better be pulling for some sort of WOTM special discount for doing that! :cool:

brian94ht said:

Ryan,I was the one willing to send my GReddy header to help with fabrication. I will send you an email later today.

Brian

·
The new #1 Hardtopper
1,572 Posts
OK folks the arrangements have been made to send my GReddy header to Ryan in order to fabricate this 4" DP/MP setup.
This is the time when all that have been interested in getting this made call Ryan and place a preorder. The only way this will happen is with the support of the community. There are thousands of T78/T88 owners out there that will benefit from this in a big way, dont let the opportunity slip through your fingers.

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We have a few ready to rock and roll. Just need a few more...

·
BIG DICK BANDIT
322 Posts
can anybody guess what the power gain on a t-74 would be

B

·
0 Posts
dont the BL headers sit the turbo slightly lower, thus making the exhaust pipe b/w greddy kit and a bl kit to be slightly different?

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The turbos on the Greddy and BL headers sit the exact same. I have already asked Kean about that.

T74 gains from a 3in to a 4in will be HUGE 100rwhp+. If you have a T74 and you have 3.5in and then switch to 4 there will be gains but not nearly as much as going from 3in to 4in. Response and spool should improve as well!

I still need a few more people to commit! I don't know if this is a bad time of year for people to be putting money into their cars but we should be good to go!

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Just now seeing this. I'm interested in a 4in DP but have no idea what your pricing looks like for others much less this one. Can you post a proposed price? I'm on a 3inch DP now (T78) so going to a 4 would certainly be nice :D Will you be doing this with a flex section? Stainless yes?

I understand that the HKS Carbon/Ti I've got (and most others) has a neckdown where it connects to the MP, will you provide a bigger flange for that? This will replace the DP and shorty Blitz MP I've got with a single piece?

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It will be around $900. Some other shops are selling the 3.5in for $800 so $900 seems very fair. There will be no flex sections. Flex sections in 4in ID would be about 5.5in OD and will not fit anywhere! They will be 100% stainless steel.

The system will go from the turbo all the way to the exhaust so you can replace your DP, and shorty midpipe as well.

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
WOTM said:
The turbos on the Greddy and BL headers sit the exact same. I have already asked Kean about that.

A greddy tubo sits higher.... so you would have to have a slightly different downpipe....hmmm I think theres some scrap 4" piping at the shop... wonder what I can make with it:) 4" polished ss dps and mps would be pretty....

S

·
0 Posts
racing fan said:
A greddy tubo sits higher.... so you would have to have a slightly different downpipe....hmmm I think theres some scrap 4" piping at the shop... wonder what I can make with it:) 4" polished ss dps and mps would be pretty....
:D

Zohair, please reply to my PM!

Thanks!

·
The new #1 Hardtopper
1,572 Posts
This is probrobly opening myself up to flaming but....it doesnt seem that flex sections on our car are that critical. With our motor placed lengthwise when the motor torques the exhaust justs twists its full length. On a car equipped with the crank going accross the car,like Hondas, when the motor torques the exhaust would want to either hit the ground or the underside of the car(depending on rotation). For a flex section to be even somewhat effective on our cars it seems they would need to be on the up/down section of the downpipe not once the downpipe makes the bend to horizontal.

If someone has a explanation for the advantages please explain.:)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts