Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY so how much does it cost to get 600hp out of the 2jzgte?
what should I do rebuild the engine?
or just mod the hell out of it?
I am looking to spend 10,000$ for the swap and the 600 hp. Will this be enough for that much hp?
Also are there any shops you know of that are reputable for 2jz swaps in Seattle Washington?

·
Registered
119 Posts
HEY so how much does it cost to get 600hp out of the 2jzgte?
what should I do rebuild the engine?
or just mod the hell out of it?
I am looking to spend 10,000$ for the swap and the 600 hp. Will this be enough for that much hp?
Also are there any shops you know of that are reputable for 2jz swaps in Seattle Washington?
There's a few ways to make 600hp with different costs involved. Take the route you're comfortible with.

The stock engine will be just fine. The 2JZGTE is a very solid engine. Hope to see this project very soon.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Are you trying to retain 4 wheel drive with this swap?

·
"Granite"
3,113 Posts
Search is your friend......use it and you will learn

Depending on condition of the 2J you but and what kind of power want, meaning good power band and good torque you want quality parts, and quality is not cheap, especially for a 2jz, but it can be done, I would hit up the forsale section, there are tons of good deals

As for "mod the hell out of it", you should really do your research before you just start buying parts, so again search is your friend, try using it and searching builds and swaps, and not just starting threads, but when and if you do decide to do the 2jz I'n to the truck, please start a detailed build thread, you'll get lots of help and suggestions when you do.

·
Boost Dealer
981 Posts
PM me with your phone number. I help people choose a direction, get good prices on parts, and get there the cheapest, fastest/easiest way possible.

and I've owned dozens of Trucks/4Runners over the years

Jeff

·
Pays Cash, No Questions
2,308 Posts
Damn, I came in here hoping to see another badass J-swapped 4Runner... I hope that you get your project off of the ground.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Whoa, is it nice to noobs day or something? What did he do different that didnt require a flame suit?

·
"Granite"
3,113 Posts
Lol, well go a head then, I was letting him know but trying to inform a lil

·
Boost Dealer
981 Posts
Well, when I first got into Supras, I had been into Trucks/4Runners for almost 10 years. I wanted to put a 2JZ-GTE in my 85 4Runner. I was told by a MKIV owner that if I wanted to go fast I should get a MKIV and stop pussy-footing around, and he was the extremely stereotypical MKIV prick. I met a guy there, name Chris Parvin, who had a MKII with a 6M-GTE, with dreams of going big one day. This same MKIV prick told him you can't polish a turd (which apparently Mythbusters proved you can). Chris and I looked at each other and decided that guy'd eat his words someday (thanks to that MKIV prick, you actually made me and Chris work hard). Well, I ended up getting a bunch of MKIIIs, and a bunch MKIIs. We took Parvin's little 85 MKII, and dropped a 7M-GTE in it, and kept upping the power. MKIV guys said there was no way we could beat them. Then at TX2K2 Chris ended up going down the dragstrip alone a LOT of time, because all the small single MKIV guys were tired of getting their asses kicked by this little "turd".

So for me, 10 years ago, I was the kid with the 4Runner who wanted to drop in a 2JZ-GTE. And everyone was an ass to me for that. But they made me the nice guy I am today, and Chris is prolly one of the Best MKIV (and MKII) Supra builders on the planet.

So I figured I'd help someone out with encouragement.

If I can find them, I have videos of me in the 4Runner on the drift pad, Chris in his MKII Taking down a single MKIV at the dragstrip, and the same MKII taking down a 996 AWD TT Porche, etc.

Chris also took home the 2nd place dyno trophy back then 419rwhp I think it was (we went up from there, then down, as the car was too fast). and 1st place in the drag competition (all amongst MKII/MKIII supras).

Chris's Car would blow the tires loose and slide sideways at 17psi on the road, on pump gas, in 4th gear, at 70MPH, just by rolling into the throttle. And it would completely and utterly obilterate the rear tores on command in 1st, 2nd, and most of third. It was a _really_ fun car to drive. He broke a MKIV W58 after laying 5 feet of dual black marks at 120MPH. It was one scarey fast car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts